santa

second opinion
season 9 ep 6

🎵Heart Like Yours-Willamette Stone🎵

"how could a heart like yours ever love a heart like mine"

~~~~~

Cristina's back, she's back, her return for Madelyn has brought back a sense of nostalgia and familiarity, as well as someone who actually gets her humour. Things for the most part are going well in Madelyn's life, it's not the same and it never will be but adjustments have been made and life seems to be heading in the right direction.

April has been staying with her, shes practically moved in. They didn't intend for it to happen this way but it did.

-

"That was ..." Madelyn let's out as she lays down next to April in an on all room

"....So ... So stupid" April says making Madelyn frown

"Not where I was going with that" she mutters to herself

"What is wrong with me?" the redhead says "How many times can I say this is not happening and then the next thing I know, it's happened?" Madelyn rolls her eyes, sitting up and putting on her scrubs "I am ... I'm so weak"

Madelyn sighs "You're not weak. You're just..."

"Disgusting" April says "I was a good person once. A person with willpower. I have fasted before. This is worse. This just feels helpless and inevitable. Like ... like watching two cars head toward one another and ... there's nothing you can do. There's gonna be a crash. People are going to die. And you're just gonna be left there... Wh..."

Madelyn slams the door of the on call room not wanting to listen to April compare sex with her to a car crash.

~~~~~

"Wilson, you stink" she says in a harsh tone

"Vomit. It's vomit. I'm covering the pit, and Santa Claus came to town"

"I don't need a play-by-play. Go clean yourself up" she says

"That's what I'm doing" Jo exclaims

"Go. You're disgusting" Madelyn scolds

-

Later that day, after successfully avoiding the redhead Madelyn bumps into her favourite intern again "I told you to change your shirt. What the hell is wrong with you?" she says looking Jo up and down as she stands there still convert in vomit. Madelyn doesn't wait for the girl to respond she just walks off.

~~~~~

Madelyn is sat next too Cristina at the nurses station both getting some work done

"Um, Brian Danziger's sedated. His BP's down a little" Alex says to Mer

"Yeah, tox screen's negative. His LFTs and INR are elevated"

"Did you get a good look at his liver?"

"Oh, the prodigal Yang returns. We've missed you" Jackson says joining the group