Chapter 7: Sister

AN HOUR AGO**

Diego was busy checking out somethings on the file in his hand while he waited for Jameson in the car.

He stopped for a moment and looked up. His face hard and cold as he recalled last night incident. He had warn her not to pass out and she did. He wasn't even satisfied.

Jameson sensed the cold aura when he entered the car.

"Is something wrong?" He asked.

"Did you find the bastard?" Diego asked and Jameson sighed.

"He haven't been home for three days. That punk messed with wrong person" Jameson muttered.

"Let's head back then, I'll get him myself before sunrises" Diego stated and Jameson started the car.

Few minutes passed by and the car suddenly stopped.

"What?" Diego asked behind.

"Isn't that Mrs. Candy?" Jameson asked, staring at the lady who just came out of the grocery store with a bright smile.

Diego also look at her, his expression was impossible to fathom.

A woman and a man suddenly appeared and Candy seems shocked. She was slapped across the face by the woman and was dragged towards the car.

"Oh no, did you see that?"

"Head back to the company" Diego ordered, returning his gaze back to the file.

"Are you crazy? That is your wife Diego, she must be in trouble!" Jameson yelled worriedly. He didn't know about Candy's step mother yet.

"She left the house herself. She should deal with it"

"She was just coming out of the grocery store. I'm sure she is planning to prepare a meal for you before you come back just like the wife she is.." Jameson explained to the man whose heart is probably made of stone.

"C'mon Diego, they are leaving" Jameson said as the car drove pass them.

"Fine, follow them" He ordered.

Jameson stepped on the accelerator and quickly turn to follow the car. He managed to overtake Natalie's car and watch Diego save Candy.

Diego brow slowly knitted in anger, he cleared his throat when Candy didn't stop hugging him.

Candy who realized what she just did quickly break the hug. His cold glare made her shudder. What was she thinking hugging him like that?

Diego turn his head to Natalie who was speechless by what is going on. So many questions about this man floods her mind.

Jameson got down from the car too and took a deep breath. When Natalie saw him, she knew Jameson seems familiar. The man who just save Candy isn't ordinary.

Who is he? And how did he know Candy?

She watch them enter their car and drive off.

"Mrs. Candy are you alright?" Jameson asked, staring at her through the rearview mirror, as he drives.

"I'm..." Candy paused realizing something. "You knew?"

"Uh yeah, I knew from the very start I found you. But don't worry, I'm glad you married this cold lion"

"Same lion is going to cut your off tongue" Diego warned and Jameson scoffed.

"I'm sorry I lied" Candy apologized.

"I'm glad you did" Jameson gave her a smile though the mirror.

"Focus on the damn road!" Diego snapped.