Chapter 87: Reason

"Mr.. pre..sident?"
___

Tension settled in the dark room as Diego tried his best to calm himself down. Bloodlust was surging through every part of him but for some reason, he wish to hear something reasonable.

"It's not what you think" Aiden shook his head.

The light suddenly turn on, and Aiden's face turn paled.

Einstein and Jameson was now standing by the entrance. His eyes was on Jameson the most.

This man was fuming in anger, even more than Diego.

"I can explain.. I swear it's not what you think. I'm on your side!" Aiden exclaimed.

"You better give me a good explanation Aiden. Cus I swear I'm gonna give you a slow painful death" Jameson utter through his gritted teeth.

"It's a plan, okay? I'm trying to know what Griffin is up to. Back home when Griffin got out, he went for me immediately holding my sister as an hostage. He took me as the weakest link in Diego's circle. I acted vulnerable just to let him think I'm a punk who needed to survive. After he released my sister he kept talking to me wanting to know about Diego and Candy.."

A hiss came from Diego sitting on the left side of the room. He seems to be trying to keep his cool.

"I swear I didn't give him any crucial information..."

"You just told him we are here, how is that information not crucial?" Einstein asked, he was the only one still calm.

"I only told him Diego was here, he knew that already. I didn't tell him he bought you and Mr. James. He doesn't even know I'm here either. I'm just trying to gain his trust so I can know his plan.."

"Why didn't you tell us!" Jameson roared as he began to approach Aiden.

"I couldn't tell you, cus it isn't time yet" Aiden replied.

"And you think I'll believe you?" Jameson asked.

Aiden took a deep breath.. "Fine, I'll spill everything out"

Jameson thought Aiden was about to confess some shitty things but it wasn't like that.

"Griffin killed Slyvester. The Don of the clan" Aiden said and the trio expression changed. Diego stood, tucking his hands into his pocket.

"He is now the Don, and he is preparing something I can't figure out. I heard something when calling just now. It's a number" Aiden said.

"What number?" Einstein asked behind.

"21513... uhmm..." Aiden frowned hard. "Fuck, I can't remember the last number"

Jameson chuckled, his finger pinching the bridge of his nose. He looked at Aiden again.

"Are you trying to fuck with me?" Jameson asked stepping closer.

"I swear on my life. I'm on your side.." Aiden was at the verge of breaking down. He hated the look Jameson was giving him right now, making him hate himself.

"Then how did you know all these information of Griffin?" Jameson asked. Aiden swallowed. This information he is about to give out is critical. It would get him into trouble.

"Well... The secret agent stuff" Aiden took a deep breath staring at Jameson. "I never quit"

Jameson ran his finger through his hair.

"I lied about that cus I wanted it to be a secret. Disclosing my identity is strictly against the rule. I'll be in big trouble because of this.. they found out I told Yaz.. and I had to lie that I wasn't an agent anymore. We have strict protocols" Aiden explained.