Chapter 58: Strike

"Hey what are you doing in my room!" He exclaimed, his eyes widened seeing the file. Rushing towards Griffin, he snatched it.

"The hell?!" Jameson snapped glaring at Griffin.

"You have sickle cell?" Griffin scoffed.

"Just because Diego takes you as a brother, doesn't mean I like you. So stay the fuck away from me and get out" Jameson snapped.

"Diego doesn't know about this, does he?" Griffin's asked and Jameson turned quiet. "Friends who keeps secrets from each other.. tssk.. crazy"

"I never liked you. And I'll always be by Diego's side no matter what" Jameson said.

"Goodluck on that" Griffin muttered and left the room
___

As Hannah listen to her son, her eyes widened.

"Jameson is sick and Diego doesn't know about it?" Hannah from.

Before Griffin could speak, the military woman came back in.

"My time is up here.. I hope you do well with that information and get me the fuck out of here" Griffin said and left while Hannah sighed.

***

"Morning wife, are you planning to sleep the whole day?" Candy heard the deep voice of Diego and him kiss her face.

"I wanna sleep some more, my body aches" She complained in a lazy voice, hugging the soft white pillow tight.

Diego scan her body, she all red.

"It's 3pm" He said.

"Wake me up by six" She mumbled.

"You were the one who asked for this, now you're making me feel guilty" He sighed, his face flashing with guilt.

"You should have gone easy"

Diego jaw dropped. "What?.. sigh.. nevermind, you should eat before going back to sleep"

"I don't want to" She mumbled but her stomach growled. In the next moment, she felt her body lifted from the bed and she gasped.

"I'm taking no for an answer" He declared heading towards the bathroom.

Candy watch the man preparing a bath for her and then bath her before dressing her up. She didn't complain and let him do it. He carried her downstairs where the meal was set.

Making her sit in the chair, he searved her.

"This is really cute" She mumbled. "Can you treat me this way everyday?"

"Sure, if that is what you want" He replied.

"Tssk.. just kidding" She chuckled.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, still scolding himself inwardly.

"My back, waist and my part aches. Don't you think you've over reward me Mr. President?" She turn her head and blinked severally.

"You were the one screaming more last night and now you're blaming me?"

"I did?" She pouted, making an angry face.

"Yes"

"I'm not hungry" she dropped her spoon.

"Eat or I'll take you back to bed" He warned.

Candy gasped and immediately took the spoon and began to eat.

"Should I feed you?" His question made Candy almost choke. She drank water and smiled facing him.

"That will be great"

Diego shook his head gently. Taking her spoon, her began to feed her. While eating, Candy only stared at him wondering how lucky she was.

"I love you" She muttered without knowing. Diego stopped his action and smiled too.

"I love you too wife" He kissed her forehead.
____

(COFFEE SHOP)

While Jameson was busy explaining business to Jackie, she was busy staring close at his face and how his lips move. His gaze was so focus, it took a while before he noticed her.

Close the file with a loud thud, Jackie almost jumped from her seat.

"If you're going to be like this then I should find you another tutor" He said in a hard tone.

"What did I do?" Jackie blinked severally.

"You're not here to stare at me but for business. Focus Jackie, that's the most important thing about business" Jameson said.

"I'm focus, goddamit. Basics of business. First off, understanding the concept of supply and demand. It's the cornerstone of every successful business. We need to offer something that people want, and you need to ensure you can meet that demand efficiently. To know what people want, we dive into market researh. Analyzing trends, conduct surveys, and gather data to understand consumer preferences.."

Jameson blinked as Jackie explained all what he had just said and even more.

"I might be staring at you handsome face, but don't worry baby, I'm listening" Jackie grin.

Jameson sighed checking his write watch. "Time to go Jackie, I'll take you home"

"But.." She tried to speak but the man was heading towards the exit already.

"We still have more time" Jackie said when she entered the car.

"I'm tired" Jameson said and Jackie noticed he was telling the truth from his tried look.

"Have you taken your medicine?" She asked.

"Hmm, I just need rest that's all" Jameson replied. Lately, he was getting tired faster than usual.

Meanwhile, as their car drive into a road, a figure walked to place a sign board before the road.. the word 'UNDER CONSTRUCTION' was written there.

"Should I drive then?" Jackie asked.

"No I'm fine" Jameson replied..

But then...

All of a sudden, a truck out of nowhere came before them, it was too sudden and Jameson swiftly avoided it. However, it was too late.

The truck managed to hit one side of the car, making it tumbled upside down. Three men got down from the truck and head towards the car, their fist tightly clinched and their face covered.

Jameson coughed hard as he tried to regain himself.

"Jackie?" Those were the first word that left his lips. His eye turn to the unconscious lady hanging upsidedown.

Jameson immediately freed himself from the seatbelt and got out from the car. He managed to reach the other side and helped Jackie out too.

Jackie coughed regaining conciousness.

"Are you okay?" Jameson asked, breathing hard but then a pole was hit on his head, causing his head to spin.

"Mr. James" Jackie gasped but the men grabbed her and punched her hard.

Jameson who was laying on the floor, with blood dripping down his lips tried to crawl his way to her.

"Let her go!" He managed to scream but his sickness struck. His hand began to tremble and his sight blurry. Fuck!

"No.. no.. no.. not now" Jameson shook his head then continue to crawl towards Jackie. "Let her go please"

One of them stepped on hand and Jameson groaned in pain.

"Jackie" His voice came out lower than a whisper.

Lifting his head up to the man who raised the pole again.

In the next moment, Jameson's face was hit again and everything turned blank....