Chapter 68: Are you scared of death?

A middle aged man stepped down from the plane, his retro black suit and manly posture screams wealth. Removing his shades, he kept it gently in his pocket. Even with his age, one couldn't not deny his beauty.

"Sir, he is still not picking up" His assistant who was around the same age as he informed.

"Where is he?" He inquired.

"I haven't gotten his location sir.." His assistant swallowed his remaining word when his boss cast a cold look at him. "I'll find it right away"

Sighing in disbelief, the man continue walking with three bodyguards following him.

Getting to his car, he drew out his phone and check the news that forced him back.

HENRY MAXWELL DEATH..

"That hell of a son" He clinched his jaw.
___

Walking into the study room, Candy found Diego working on his system.

"You've been working all day, you should rest" She spoke, walking to stand behind him.

"I'll be done soon.."

Candy kissed his lips before he could finish. "Please rest. You might fall sick, and I can't bare it if that happens"

Diego obediently shut down his system and pulled her to sit on his lap.

"Wife, I ache all over" He pouted. Candy chuckled at his cute complain and wrapped her hand around his neck.

"I'll give you a good massage" She replied.

Diego's phone buzz interrupting their conversation. Reaching out for it, he picked up the call and placed it on speaker.

"What?" He asked, keeping his gaze on his wife sitting on his lap.

"Hannah's trial is tomorrow boss"

"Alright, get the men ready" Diego ordered and then end the call. Returning his gaze back to Candy, he made to kiss her but she stopped him. He frowned.

"I know life must have been hard for you Di.. but sometimes, you don't have to follow your anger"

Diego frowned harder. "What do you mean?"

"It means I love you no matter what.. but sometimes you just have to let go" She whispered, resting her head on his.

Candy smiled as she finally let him kiss her.
___

"This is insane, how could you have just taken the blame? Do you know how much that affected your name? Even Old Mavis was so furious when he saw the news.." Vincient said to his wife sitting on the other side.

"Are you here to scold me or help?" Hannah asked raising her brow.

"Both Hannah, I have a good lawyer ready to help you out"

"Don't!" She exclaimed.

"Why? You been acting weird. Did you do something?"

"Well I can't sit my ass around doing nothing like you. I need to fight for my son"

Vincent ruffled his hair. "So you and Henry are behind Candy and Jameson's incident? What were you thinking?"

"Can you just keep shut? What is done is done. The only way to help me out of this is to release Griffin. Have you found a way yet?" Hannah glared at him.

"No but there's only one way to get him out"

"What is it?"

"Romeo is back, we should ask him for.."

"Shut the fuck up!" Hannah snapped. "Are you insane? You want us to beg your younger brother for help?"

"You know Hannah, sometimes you just have to accept what life have given you. I've fought hard over the years and my younger brother won, you kept on pushing I and Griffin to do things and look what it has led us to. Our marriage has no sweetness, our son in prison and so are you. If this crazy routine keeps happening, we'll end up dead, just like Henry!" He poured out his emotions shocking Hannah.

"Romeo is the only one who can change all of these and now he is back"

Hannah seems to think for a while.

"Fine, do what you have to do"
____

Keeping her gaze lowered in the car, Hannah stayed quiet as the policemen drove her to the court.

'If this routine keeps happening, we'll all end up dead just like Henry'

Hannah scoffed recalling her naive husband's words. She has gone too far than to just give up right now.

The car suddenly halt causing them all to jerk forward. Hannah frowned upon seeing the black car that was suddenly begin them. A guy all dressed in black drew out a gas pipe.

Hannah's face went paled, is this Diego's doing? She saw a cop about to open the door so she screamed.

"Don't open the door!"

The cop scoffed ignoring her, he got down and pointed his gun to the man in black.

"Stop or I'll shoot" The cop warned but the man didn't, he walked fast to the police and hit his head hard.

Seeing this, the other cops bought out their gun but gas immediately filled the car messing with their senses. Hannah tried to keep her eyes open but darkness overcame her.
___

When she opened her eyes she found herself on a strange empty dark room. She felt herself all tied up. Fear gnawed at every inch of her soul as her breath tremble.

In the dark room, she could see a shadow sitting on a chair. No one needs to tell her who the person is..

Diego Gonzalez.

He light up a lighter and turn it back off. He did the same action several times until Hannah spoke.

"Diego, you can't do this. Let me go" Her voice tremble. It was hard to get to know her sorrounding and that alone scared her.

"Is that an order?" His deep voice dripped with distain and rage.

"I'm sorry I tried to..."

"Who the hell gave you the idea to go after my wife and friend? Your son? Tssk!.." He stood up from the dark. "You've done so many things I had over look in the past, but right now.. ion fucking care" He advance towards her with a step and then another.

"I'll make sure you scream hard and cry painfully than Henry did. Trust me, his scream was so melodious, I could still hear them" He finally reached her, placing his hands beside her.

If it wasn't for the chair, Hannah would have definitely step back. His look shows why they call him devil.

"Don't hurt me. Please..." She pleaded.

"Are you scared of death?" He smirked.

"I'm your aunt Diego, we are family.."

Diego's cold gaze made her stop talking, maybe she shouldn't have say that. He moved away from her and reached for the light switch.

Immediately the light turned on, the blood on Hannah's face dried up. The floor around her was wet, having woods and tires.. wait! This smell?!

Gasoline?!

"W..what are you doing?"

"About to roast you alive. You'll be sorrounded by intense fire. Fire that'll slowly melt your skin" Diego replied.

"What?! You can't do this?.. I mean your friend and wife is still alive.. you can't do this! I.. I.. please Diego... Oh fuck! Please! Fine, I promise to.. change!" Hannah exclaimed.

"You said that too many times"

"I really mean it this time! I promise!" She yelled.

She watch the man pull out the lighter again.

"Diego!!!"

He light the match and tilted his head sideway. Hannah whole body was trembling in fear when the devil finally loosen his hold from the lighter.

"Nooooo!!!!!!!"