Chapter 34: Possessive

"Why are you so surprised?" Diego asked, sitting on a chair around the corner then cross his leg.

"I.. I didn't expect you to be.. here" Alexa stammered again. 'Get a hold of yourself!' she yelled inwardly.

Diego suspicious was right. Alexa knew something.

"I heard you are sick. I'm just to check up on you" He said.

"Oh, that is so nice of you sir"

Diego separated his leg and lean close, placing both of his elbows on each knees.

"Hm, so how are you feeling?"

"I'm getting better" She replied, swallowing hard.

"You know I'm married right?" He asked staring at the ring on his finger. Alexa found it a bit familiar. She had seen the brand on someone's finger somewhere.

"She must be really pretty" she said.

"It's Candy"

Those two words struck Alexa hard to her cells. She felt like peeing on herself. She waited for him to say he was joking but his face shows he was serious. He lift his dark gaze to her again.

"Why do you look paled?" He asked.

"Huh? I.. I.. am.. nothing" She tried to stop trembling but failed miserably.

"She almost drowned into the pool at the party. Fucking annoying right?" He asked but Alexa couldn't find her word. "My rivals want her dead but I've been protecting her"

"She fell into the pool trying to save me. I.. I didn't do it purpose. I would have save her but I.. wasn't okay.." She quickly speak.

"I'll get to the root of the matter and you what comes next"

"I..  I didn't do any.."

"I never said you did something.. or did you?" He asked.

"No, I swear"

"Hell is coming" with this he smirked, stood and left the ward leaving Alexa trembling and sweating.
___

"Why aren't you accepting it?" Einstein asked Diego as they stood beside each other, staring outside the city which looks beautiful at night.

"Accept what?" Diego asked.

"Nevermind, how is your nightmare?" He asked.

"I haven't experience it for a long while" Diego replied.

"Really?" Einstein asked, and seems to think of something. "Since when?"

"Since..." Diego stopped talking when he realized the answer.

"Diego, you need to tell me. I'm your doctor" Einstein said.

"Well I'm getting better, isn't that what you wanna hear. I'm tired, goodnight" He said and walk away.

Einstein sighed. "What a stubborn patient"
___

After Candy was good, she decided to return back to her normal routine. She was back to the house and was preparing to get back to work soon. Yazmine is definitely going to shower her with so many questions once she set her eyes on her.

Diego seems too busy but do reply her whenever she needs something. Also, he surprisingly didn't touch her or ask for anything. He was just silent.

His strange act bothers her.

"Are you still mad at me?" Candy asked as Diego drives her to the grocery store. The man only obey her request without complaining.

"I'm always mad at you" He replied.