Chapter 50: Answer

(PARK.. 6:00PM)

Diego stood before the amusement park before him, having whirling rides and colorful lights. Here is the place she wanted for her first date with him. However when he saw the excitement on her eyes, he decided that no matter how uncomfortable he felt, he would not let it dampen her enthusiasm.

She suddenly turn her head to him, he quickly muster up a smile. Her face dropped.

"You don't like it here?" Candy asked.

"If this is what you want then fine" He muttered.

"It's been long I've wanted to visit this place. My father do promise to bring me here but never had the chance to fulfill it. My stepmother bought me here with Jackie and made me watch her have all the fun while I crave below"

"That was one of the wish you once told me, right?" He asked.

"Hm, if you don't like it here then let's leave" She turn to leave but the man held her back.

"I never said so. Let's try everything here" He said.

Candy smirked. "I was going to force you even if you don't like it" with this, she walked towards the park. Diego scoffed digesting her words, she is really good with acting.
___

"Oh my gawd!!!" Candy exclaimed so hard with both hands in the air as the rollercoaster made its moves.

However, Diego had his arms folded on his chest. He didn't flinch or scream like his wife did, instead he has a bored look on his face.

What the hell is fun in this thing? It all seemed pointless to him. Just another expensive way to waste time. But still, he tried to smile for his wife's sake.

"Isn't this fun?!" Candy drew his arm close.

"Hm" He grunt in reply.
___

"There are so many teddies" Candy smiled at the numerous teddies in different size and colours kept in a transparent glass. One will have to play a game to win one.

"You want it?" Diego asked.

"Yeah" Candy nodded.

Diego immediately walked up to the man in charge of the teddies.

"How much for all the teddies?" He asked. Both the man and Candy stared at him in confusion.

"Huh? I thought you were going to win one for me" Candy said, pouting her lips a little.

"Why should I try to win one when I could buy all of them and even the whole park itself. Should I double the price?" Diego asked.

"No you should win one. That will make it fun" Candy grinned, her eyes brimming with excitement. Diego pinched the bridge of his nose. "Or are you scared you are going to lose?"

Her question made him look up. "Lose? Ha.. why will I lose? I'm sure the game is just kid's clumsy games"

"Then win it" Candy demanded.

In the next moment, Diego had a toy long gun in his hand as he stared at the little toys set from a distance before him. His lips curled into a smirk.

'Not bad' he thought to himself as he shot all the toys down to the last one, without missing his target or shooting the same aim twice.

Candy clap her hands. "You won the biggest teddy" She smiled as she took the price from the attendee.

'She is like a kid when calm but a lion when upset' He thought to himself. After trying out almost all the things in the park.. it was now left with 'Haunted house'.