Chapter 95: The right thing

*BEFORE THE BOMB ATTACK**
___

Romeo sat at the park, his depressed gaze remain on the picture in his hand. It was Diego's childhood picture, the one he found in his room, he had been staring at it for a long amount of time.

He came to reconcile with his son but his effort only anger him. Diego doesn't want to see him. His speech and presence alone irritates him. Would he ever get the chance to reconcile with him?

Maybe not...

He had terrible things, he doesn't deserve pity. Diego was right, he started the whole trouble. He was too blind with his own selfish interest, he failed to realize the family he has.

That moment Romeo saw his wife laying dead on his floor. He could swore his heart shattered in the most cruelest way. He killed her.. and then deprived Diego from receiving motherly love.

'Until you die Romeo!.. keep apologizing until your last breath!'

Romeo deserved every hateful word Diego threw to him.

"Do you want an ice cream?" A tiny voice snapped him back to reality. He lift his head only to see a familiar young boy staring at him.

Romeo chuckled and took the ice cream from him.

"I'm glad you didn't say no like the adult I asked yesterday" The boy said and went to sit beside him.

Romeo only kept quiet.

"You're Mr. Devil's father right?"

Romeo shifted his gaze back the boy, he finally recognized him.

"You're Einstein's son, Ben" He said with a smile. "How are you young man"

"I'm good. Why do you look so down?" Ben asked curiously.

Romeo felt comfortable around the boy. "I did something terrible to my son and now he won't forgive me. I deserve his hate and I really want to make things work.. but I only made it worse" Romeo said.

"I got upset at my father for forgetting our outing. He tried to make it up for me but I didn't forgive him until we went for another outing" Ben said.

"Tssk... You don't even care to know why dad didn't show up instead?" Romeo asked.

"Nah.. he promised so he should have kept it" Ben said and Romeo nodded enjoying the boy's company. "Maybe you aren't doing the thing you're supposed to do"

"But I'm trying" Romeo sighed.

"Maybe you're not doing it enough" Ben shrugged, swinging his small leg that barely touch the ground.

"I'm afraid it's too late" Romeo mumbled.

"I do watch a lot of cartoons. I guess this line goes to you.. It's not too late to do the right thing"

Romeo blinked several time. He began to wonder if these words are coming from the young boy.

"How old are you?" Romeo asked curiously. He could recall how smart Diego was at this age. This little boy remind him a lot about Diego.

"Six years old. I'll be seven soon.."

"Ben!" A woman called from afar. It was Melody. Romeo watch her approached them and gave her a bow. She did the same and took Ben away, who wave him a goodbye.

Romeo's face turned serious. Right, Diego is currently in Moscow finding a way to bring Griffin's down. Not too late to do the right thing huh? He can't just sit his ass down doing nothing when his son his out there trying to fix the mess he had created.

Drawing out his phone, he called his assistant. "Book a flight to Moscow"
___

Romeo got to find out Diego was heading to dangerous clan. He managed to get another information though it came late.

He found out about the bombs.

He head towards the building Instantly with his few of his men. Diego must be searching for Griffin above so he head there instead.. However, he never thought the bomb was to explode sooner than he had expected.

He didn't give up searching for his son... Even when he had hurt his leg during the explosion.

While Diego was holding the ground above, his eyes set on the lucky bracelet and he immediately thought of Candy.

When he slipped to fall, a hand immediately held him.

"Gotcha" Romeo sighed in relieve holding Diego tight.

"Romeo?" Diego frowned in shock. His earphone had fallen.

"Yeah, let me pull you up" He stated drawing Diego out, whilst the bracelet fell. Romeo saw it and picked it up, he made to give Diego but saw his face squeezing in pain.

Looking down, he gasped. Diego was bleeding on his waist, a metal had tear his flesh causing a deep wound.

Romeo held the bracelet tight, swing Diego's arm around his shoulder.

"Why the hell are you here? Get off me" Diego muttered.

"We can fight later after we are out of here" Romeo stated, helping his son walk.

"The river. Let's find an opening close" Diego managed to speak, he was in pain.

Romeo listened and began to find out fast, finally he got to see one. A bomb exploded weakening the building. He saw it will collapse soon.

"Let me check" He dropped Diego to the floor and rushed to the window to shatter it. Luckily it was big enough for one person.

However, the river was a bit distant from the building. Jumping without full force might make one land on the ground instead.. taking the life of the person.

He looked back and saw Diego panting. Diego must go first but what about the force?

"Boss, get out of there please! The bomb will explode in fifteen seconds!" His assistant yelled, he seems to be crying.

Fifteen seconds? How about the bomb force helping Diego reach the river, but that would mean sacrificing himself. His leg is hurt, he also can't jump well.

At least, this is the right thing he can do right?

"I'm sorry" He whispered to his assistant switched off the earphones. Romeo's eyes caught a metal large door and got an idea. He rushed towards Diego and put the earphone in his ear. He tore his cloth tying it to the door and to Diego's hand.

"What are you doing?" Diego asked weakly, his sight getting blurry.

Romeo didn't reply and help him out.

"Hold this and jump with every bit of your power, hold the door against yourself facing the building" Romeo said.

"What about you?" Diego asked.

Romeo froze for a moment, after all these years, this would be the first time Diego would ever worry about him.

"Just do as I say, the bomb will explode soon. I'll jump immediately after you"

Diego nodded, his eyes caught the river. He took a deep breath and was about to jump when he held his shoulder again.

"I love you son" Romeo smiled. His hand held the bracelet.. he actually thought of holding something from his son.. while he dies.

Diego nodded in reply, he could feel himself slowly losing conciousness so he climbed and force himself to jump swirling himself in the air to the door can face the building, however when he did, his eyes went back to the window.

The look on Romeo's face was disturbing, tears was brimming in his eyes.. wait did he just...

His thought was disrupted when the look bomb exploded. Romeo strategy luckily worked. The force hit Diego, the door prevent the fire, not enough though cus some of the heat reaching his skin.

The building collapse, fire burning every thing in there. However, Diego landed in the water, losing conciousness.