Chapter 83: Soft spot

Silence hung in the car as Phoenix thought on how Diego had saved her. This man literally killed all of them without bating an eyes... He then, set the club on fire.. Gawd! He is really a devil.

"Why did you save me?" She asked lightly.

"It comes with price" Diego stated. "From now you work for me. I'm gathering my own army in the underworld. You'll train and work undercover"

"Hm, I accept" Phoenix accept without thinking much. Diego own her life now, she had no objections to it.
___

"I swear to Gawd Phoenix I was drunk, I didn't even know what I was doing!" Griffin yelled as he tried to stop Phoenix who didn't respond.

"Phoenix" Griffin held her, his eyes tearing up a little.

"Do you know who saved me back there?" She asked and Griffin frowned. "It was Diego. I belong to him now, and it was my choice to accept"

Griffin held her face close, "You can't leave me please. Don't this. I love you. I can't lose you too"

Phoenix shook her head and walked out on him, heading towards the car waiting to take her for her new journey.

Griffin went insane. He stole everything, his dream, his position and now her?

"I'm Killing him" He muttered, dangerous intention burning in his gaze.

Diego stepped into a not so dark room, with both of his hands tucked into his pocket. His eyes scan the room having a strange aura hanging in air.

"You're here" Griffin said in the dark. Diego slowly turn to him.

"Why did you call?" He asked.

Griffin sighed and stepped closer, his gaze locking with his.

"I'm here to apologize of being an asshole" He said.

"I'm not falling for your trick" Diego said.

"Is that so?" Griffin raised a brow and made to punch him. Diego held his hand but then his eyes caught the spray in his hand.

Griffin immediately spray the content and Diego mistakenly inhale some. His vision blur as he tried to gain balance.

In the next moment, Griffin shove a knife into his stomach. Diego cried out.

"You stole everything!" He roared removing the knife and stabbing him again.

Diego managed to push him away and tried to reach the door. He staggered and fell on his kneel, blood dripping out of him.

"There's no escape brother. Just stay still and let me kill you!" He yelled but then a figure appeared. The butler.

He pushed Griffin's back and glared at him. "What do you think you are doing?!"

The butler crouched before Diego.

"Young master, can you walk? Let me take you to the..."

The butler's words were cut short when Griffin dive the knife into his neck. Diego's eyes wide widened in terror.

"No!"

Griffin took a deep breath and face Diego again.

"In your next life, Do not mess with me" He stated reason the knife to stab him.

"Freeze!!!!" Policemen barged into the room. Diego had actually called them on his way here knowing Griffin might be up to something.

"It's a murder case" One of the police stated. Griffin didn't refute instead he was crying.