Chapter 35: Suspect

"What's with the 'Sir'?.. Call me HUBBY"
_____

It was Candy's turn to be shocked. It took a while Before she could digest what she just heard. Is this man staring at her really Diego?

In the next moment, she burst into laughter, to the extend tears creeped out from her eyes.

Seeing her laugh, Xavier thought Diego was joking. Diego only waited for her to finish.

After laughing to her content, Candy held Diego's hand and gave him a lovely face that loosen his face.

"Hubby" She called and could swore she saw a small smile on his face for the shortest moment.

Hearing this, Xavier's last thread of hope broke. The way Candy stared at him explained it all. She even seems happy beside this cold man.

Diego on the other hand didn't know how to react. He was also shocked by what he had said earlier but hearing her saying that word woke something up in him.

What is she doing to him?

Candy turn her gaze to Xavier. "We are married and we kept it as a secret for some reasons, so don't go around spilling it out. I hope you'll find a good woman Xavier" She rejected his proposal politely.

Xavier finally smiled, her words actually made him feel a bit better. That was why he cherish this woman. He had lost his chance since he was very young back when they dated. He broke up with her when he had to travel out for his studies.

If not for this, he wouldn't have let her go. He looked up Diego who face was expressionless.

"I'm sorry for the misunderstanding President. I had no idea she was really wife" He said awkwardly.

"Just go" Diego muttered coldly and Candy hit him gently on his waist using her elbow. Diego gave her glare but she didn't mind it.

"Take care of her, please" Xavier said seriously to Diego. "She's a good woman"

Candy smiled at his word.

"I'll leave now" He bow his head and turn to leave. His smile drop as he step.. knowing fully well he have no chance.

Candy sighed but then the man suddenly drag her to the car gently.

"Sir" She called gently but he shut the car door. "Ah geez, he's back to his cold self" she muttered as she watch him walk around the car and entered.

Without a word, he zoom off.

"Where are we going?" Candy asked when they head another direction.

"Cinema" He answered without looking at her.

"Really?" Her eyes widened. 'Did he hurt his head or something?' her thought followed.

"Isn't that what you wanted?" He asked.

"Yeah, thanks" She bit her lips with a smile.
___

"Alexa is sure pretending. You should'nt believe anything she said. I feel like going to the hospital and torture her until she bring out the fucking truth" Yazmine said to Jameson as the eating lunch together.

"Easy with your anger big sis, people might hear you" Jameson said with his eyes focused on his food.

"I'm sure her sickness is fake, she is definitely hiding something"

"We know, we are going to find out the truth soon" He answered.

"When is Candy returning? I've kinda miss her" Yazmine pouted and Jameson stopped for a moment.

"Soon" He continue eating his lunch. Yazmine noticed his long face.

"Are you okay?" She asked and he stop eating and looked up at her.

"I'm fine, why did you ask?" He asked.

"You pulled a long face when I mentioned Candy" She said and Jameson blinked severally.

"I'm just worried about her that's all" He said and continue eating. "She has a lot coming to her" he added.

Yazmine exhaled sharply. The night Candy almost drown and when Jameson hugged her. He was trembled and his heart was beating fast. Candy's incident had scared him so much but he tried to hide it that night.

Jameson looked up to her again.

"Aren't you going to eat?"

"I am" She said, picking up her spoon. In the next moment, she dropped her spoon again.

"Why aren't you going to tell me what's between Candy and President. Could she.." she lean closer and whispered. "The wife he got married to? I can't help but that is the only thing that make sense. The scene that night is driving me crazy"

Jameson sighed in frustration, he whispered back

"Can I eat in peace?" He asked.

"Fine, enjoy your meal" She said, and sat up, eating her meal this time.

Aiden eyes caught the sight of a cup filled with cold coffee. He had bought it this morning and she didn't drink them? This have been happening since after the party.

"Aiden" Yazmine called behind him. He turn and his eyes met with her expressionless face.

She stepped close to him, her eyes moving to the coffee.

"You shouldn't buy them again" She said.

"Huh?" He asked.

"I don't know why you started in the first place but Employees in the company would misunderstand us if you keep doing this. I don't want to have rumors about me, that I'm dating an employee under me.. who is six years younger" She said.

Each words hit Aiden, but he thought she was right. But then, he is not going to give up. He just need to go slow this time.

"Am I clear?" Yazmine asked.

"Yes ma'am, I'm sorry for the inconveniences" He apologized politely with a bow and a smile before leaving.

Yazmine folded her arms, as she watch Aiden returning to his seat.

She pulled out her phone when it vibrated. Seeing the number, she picked it up and placed it gently on her phone.

"Hello" She answered.

"Ma'am, this is the doctor from the hospital miss Alexa was admitted. We couldn't find her anywhere, did you perhaps see her?"

Yazmine eyes widened. Alexa ran away from the hospital?!! She had went to give the doctor her number yesterday after when Jameson told her Alexa was with Candy before the incident. She knew something like this will happen.

"Hello?" The doctor's voice sounded.

"No she is isn't with me, thanks for the update" Yazmine replied and ended the call.

She went to meet Jameson in his office.

"She ran away from the hospital" She entering the office.

"Yeah, yeah.. we know" Jameson said, staring at his system.

"You knew something like this would happen and didn't do anything to her. She should be in fucking station" Yazmine said.

"We need to know who really sent her and also evidences. Though we have someone in mind" He said.

"Who?"

Jameson looked up to her. "Hannah"