Chapter 45: Space

Jameson got to his apartment and slam his door shut. His fingers went straight to his hair. 'It's the right thing to do James, you did the right thing' He kept assuring himself but couldn't suppress the anxiety growing inside him.
___

Back in New York he remembered how Jackie knocked on the door of his room. They all lodge into an hotel, their room not far from each other.

Opening the door, his face contorted into a surprise one.

"Jackie?" He frowned. "What are you doing here?"

"Just checking up on you. You seem paled for a moment while we were at the beach. That was why you left early. Are you alright?..."

"I thought I clearly told you no to worry about me Jackie" He cut her off.

"None of your friends or even your sister knows you're sick. This is too risky" Jackie said.

"I'll be fine, if that's what you wanna know" Jameson said, trying to close the door but she held it.

"Wait" she stated and he waited for her to speak again. She draw out a small container in which Jameson recognized.

"Your drugs, you left them when you excused yourself at the beach" Jackie said, stretching out the container to him. He took it from her and stared at it.

Worries wash over her face as she swallowed hard. She finally know what is wrong with him.

"You have sickle cells anemia" She mumbled, her eyes tearing up a little. "How serious is it?"

"Jackie" He called.

"Why are you hiding it?"

"Jackie" He called again.

"Does Yazmine know about this?"

"Jackie!!" He called out loud enough to shut her up. With heavy breaths, she stared at him. "How did you even know?"

"I have a friend with the same drugs and she had the same disease too.." she paused and swallowed. "She died last year"

Jameson clinched his jaw, now he have to deal with her knowing his secret.

"Look Jackie, just keep this a secret okay?" He said.

"But..."

"But what!" He snapped. "This is my business okay? I found out about my sickness a bit late and what.. I should make everyone worried about me. That's the last thing I would do Jackie. I'd appreciate it if you keep your mouth shut okay?" He said coldly.

"I was just worried about you.."

"Don't.. I'm fine. Don't push it, or I might hate you" He said coldly shutting the door.
____

As the memory ends, Jameson throw his head backwards on the couch, his fingers going through his hair. He didn't mean to be harsh on her but, finding out about his sickness is bothering for him.
___

Diego woke up slowly from his sleep due to his phone ringing. A frown on his face as he force his eyes open. He stretched his clumsy hand to reach it.

"Speak" He answered the phone in a hoarse voice.

"Mr. President, your flight" The voice reminded and Diego grunt.

"I'll be right there" He replied. Sitting up slowly, a white wet cloth fell from his forehead. Picking it up, confusion washed all over his face.

'It's alright.. everything will be alright'

His eyes widened as last night memories flooded in.

"Candy?" He stood up in search for her. Did she leave already? Or was last night just a dream.