Chapter 99: This isn't your grave

"Wife from now on. I'll be carrying you, you're not allowed to walk by yourself.. it'll affect the baby"
___

The men in the room literally choked on their saliva and began to cough. Candy face turned paled and red. This would be the first time hearing walking could affect pregnancy.

"No, no it doesn't" She shook her head vehemently. She can't imagine Diego carrying her all around the house.

"Don't worry wife. I'm strong enough to do that every single day" He replied.

"Huh? No you don't have to.. I'm fine"

Diego didn't listen as he led her back to the room, placing her gently on the bed. "Wait here, I'll get what to eat" he kissed her forehead and left.

Candy mouth stayed open. Gosh! He is so adorable. She laughed lightly at his reaction seconds ago.. it was so cute.

Diego came back after some minutes, an alluring meal laid on the tray he was holding.

"The chef made this" He stated.

"Wow, it looks so good" Candy squealed smiling like a kid. "Thanks hubby"

"I so much love your smile" His face turned worried again. "Have you gone to the hospital?"

"Yeah, I did immediately I found out" She replied.

"I'll employ the best doctor to look after you" He stated and she laughed.

"I think your men are going to drift into coma because of the shock" Candy muttered and they both chuckled.

"Don't mind them. I'll feed you" He said and Candy nodded with a bright smile. She watch him moved close to her. She missed his feeding.

"So what really happened back in Moscow" She asked.

Diego explained how Romeo saved him and when he fell into the water drowning, he got saved by the survivors of the same clan Griffin had destroyed. They were actually the butchers Jameson had met before saving Phoenix.

At first, they found Diego as a threat but getting to know Diego's story, they decided to help him, since they now have the same enemy.
___

The men stayed frozen for about five minutes beginning they finally moved.

Blake was the first to speak, "I told you we got the wrong Devil"

A barely noticeable middle aged man seated around the corner spoke. "Don't underestimate the power of love, little one" his eyes fixated on the book in his hand.

"Wow, the devil is in love? Mrs. Candy must really tried. Gosh, I can't imagine how she managed to do that" Blake muttered.

"They look so good together" The lady behind Blake said and they all smile.

"I'm glad he found someone to heal him" Another said.
___

Old Mavis sat before a grave having the name Diego Gonzalez crafted on it. His heart clinched with sorrow watching the family he had struggled to built going down the drain.

However, there is a strange sensation coursing through him. He took a deep breath and drop a flower on the grave.

"Dear grandson. This isn't your grave, is it? It feels like this is someone else but I still do not understand why my heart aches so much. It's really confusing grandson. But still deep down, I can feel the war ending soon" Old Mavis let out a painful smile.

Melody appeared and sat beside the old man.

"How's Ben?" He asked lightly without looking at her.

"He's sleeping" Melody replied. Ben had been sad hearing Diego's death news. She never knew, the young boy was attached to Diego already.

Melody was worried about Einstein and the others. She wondered where they had ran off to.
___

"Noah lives in a well guarded place. He seems to be a bastard using his power to oppress those beneath him. Due to Griffin's back up, he is increasing his army. We can only bring him down if we get to know him very well" Aiden informed.

"Hmm, is that so? What's his personality?" Einstein asked.

"He likes women.. a lot" Aiden stated. Their slowly turn to Phoenix sighed.

"I guess we'll use that against" She said.
___

The night breeze was cool, as several devious men and slutty woman hang around one of the most famous club in the city.

Noah sat among the respected people in the club. His eyes focused on the strippers, swaying their body in a seductive way as the slow music rented the room. They all have a mask on their face.

The one that caught Noah's attention the most was the pink haired woman. Her body was fire, especially the breast. Without wasting a moment, he chose her to be his play thing for the night.

Phoenix smiled as Noah's assistant approached her, he just fell into her trap.

On their way to his domain, Noah was impatient. He kept glancing at her. Phoenix noticed the man hardness.. what a pervert!

"I'm sure you're going to enjoy me baby. Should we start here in the car and continue when we get to my place?" Noah asked reaching her her smooth tight.

Phoenix still have her mask on.. her make up gave her another look.

Smiling, she touched the man's face. "Not so fast big guy" she muttered, sliding her finger down. "I have a surprise for you, but that will be in the bedroom"

As they step into the large territory. Phoenix noticed Noah had grew more men just in a short amount of time. How impressive..

Gaining a strong ally like Griffin, he was able to build more army. Phoenix didn't fail to notice the strange stare of the men. This bought a sense of foreboding through her.

It was too late to think of that right now. She was already in and Noah was leading her into his room.

While this was happening, Jameson and Einstein found a way to sneak in. It wasn't easy.

"let's separate here" Einstein whispered and they both headed different direction.

Jameson stepped further. He stopped hearing the sounds of some of Noah's men.

Meanwhile, Noah faced Phoenix. "Undress sweethearts"

Phoenix smile as she made to step forward but his word gave her a pause. "Right where you are. There's no need to come close"

"But I'll like to touch you while I undress" She stated and Noah laughed lightly.

"You must really think I'm such a fool.. easily to be deceived"

Phoenix smile dropped. Noah knew they were coming. She immediately bought out her two guns but seven men rushed in pointing their guns to Phoenix.

"Don't act stupid, sweetheart. These sharp shooters are effective. One move and you're gone" Noah smirked.

One of the men stepped to remove Phoenix earphone so she won't inform the others.

"Now, drop your guns" Noah demanded and Phoenix clinched her jaw.
___

Einstein found the place quiet and strange. He haven't encounter any men yet. He suddenly heard someone yelp and his head snap towards the direction.

Her marched towards the place carefully and his eyes widened at the scene.

Men was laying dead on the floor, blood stains splashed all over the place. Einstein watch a familiar figure drew out his knife from his victim.

Their gaze met and Einstein's gun fell due to his shock.. his face turned paled as if he had just seen a ghost.

Jameson slowly peeked and frowned when he found no one but a radio speaking.. A trap.

They know, they are here..

A hand suddenly held his shoulder and he tried to shoot the man.. but he was strong and fast enough to hit the gun away from Jameson's hand.

When Jameson made to punch him, the man spray some content to his face. His eyes got heavy as the effect hit him. He groaned, trying to stand his ground but it was strong.

Jameson found himself losing conciousness.