Chapter 72: Tension

"I..." Yazmine couldn't find her words; this would be the first time he'd see him angry.

The elevator opened when they reached the floor. Seeing this, Aiden held her again and took her into an empty office. Shutting the door, he faced her.

"So, my answer?" he asked, and she was quiet again.

"What are you afraid of, Yaz?"

"I've been hurt so many times," Yazmine said, locking her gaze with him. "I always date the wrong guy. I don't really know, Aiden, I'm always unlucky with love."

"I can't promise to give you the best, Yazmine, but I promise to give you my best," he said, crossing the distance between them. Aiden held her face gently.

"Don't respond if you don't want me," he gently said and placed his lips on hers.

Younger? Does age even matter? Everything she felt about the man was beautiful, so why should she stop?

Before Aiden could pull away, Yazmine held his shirt and kissed him back. It was gentle but demanding.

"I accept to be your woman, Aiden," she whispered, after breaking the kiss for a moment. Aiden slammed his lips back, holding her waist close. Damn! He is a good kisser, driving her nuts as his tongue savored her.

Soon their kiss got crazily hot, Yazmine moaned in pleasure, his touch igniting her.

As they pulled away to catch their breath, Aiden chuckled, staring deep into her eyes.

"Mine," he mumbled in a hoarse voice, reconnecting the kiss again.
____

Candy's scream rented the room as Diego announced Jameson's return. Diego informed he'll be back the following day due to Old Mavis's birthday. However, Jameson will return after he recovers so well.

"I'll see you soon, love. I've missed you, it's been four days," Candy pouted.

"I missed you more, wife. I couldn't reach Yazmine, is she okay?" Diego asked.

"She is not back yet, I wonder what she's doing. Don't worry, I'll let her know the good news," Candy said. They spoke for a long while before the call ended. Candy felt lonely again.

Feeling bored, she decided to take a quick stroll down the street. Her eyes caught an ice cream shop, and she recalled how Diego told her to call him 'hubby' out of jealousy.

"One ice cream, please," she demanded from the man in front.

"Make it two," a deep familiar voice sounded behind her. Candy turned her head only to see the man she had met at the grocery store.

"You again?" Candy blinked several times.

"Hey, shortie," Griffin grinned.

"I told you to stop calling me that. I'm not short," Candy glared.

"I actually like short women, so I could do this," he spoke and ruffled Candy's hair gently. "You look cute."

"Hey!" Candy snapped at him, and he averted his hand. "I told you not to hit on me, I'm married."

"Then he should find another wife. I want to steal you," Griffin smirked. Candy scoffed and shook her head.

"You'll die within a minute. It's either I kill you myself or my husband does," Candy shot a glare.

"Fine, fine, I was just teasing you... short..."

Candy glared harder.

"What's your name?"

"I'm not telling you."

"Then I'll keep calling you short..."

"Candy! gosh, you're on my nerves," Candy pouted and took her ice cream. She turned to leave immediately.