Chapter 17: What A Torture

At that moment, Vortex knew he was in a deep hell. Candy eyes stayed widened, that's was unexpected. And the fact he referred her a his, made her feel conflicted.

"I'm sorry please. I didn't mean to. I have no idea" Vortex was terrified. He had heard about Diego. His underworld side is something one shouldn't mess with.

"Remove your hand without touching the knife" Diego ordered and Vortex eyes widened. That will bring him so much pains.

"Sir Die...go.. I"

"Should I do it for you then?" Diego raised his brow. If he does, then that hand will be gone. He wants to see Vortex torture himself.

"I'll do it!" Vortex yelled and staring back at his hand which hurt badly. Removing his hands without touching the knife means cutting himself.

What a torture!

"You're fucking wasting my time" His deep voice made him Vortex shudder in fear. Tears streaming down his face.

Closing his eyes, he removed his hand forcefully, the knife cutting through his flesh, sending extreme pain through his system. A loud cry of pain escaped his mouth.

It was a hellish pain that made him wished for death in a moment. His hands was in a terrible shape with blood all over.

Those blood bought a memory to Candy. The Accident, she began to breath hard, as she recalled the tragic accident. Her sight became blurry instantly.

Diego looked back at her and found her unconscious.
__

Yazmine sweep her hand backward as her eyes scan through the hall again.

"Where is she?" She asked herself.

She decided to continue searching but then the restroom door suddenly flew open and a man flew out hit his head on the floor.

"Oh shit!" Yazmine jerk a little by the sudden scene.

Jameson walked out from the restroom and exhaled deeply. Setting his eyes on Yazmine.

"Hello sis" He greeted with a Yazmine caught a glimpse inside and saw some other men on the floor.

"What in the world is going on?" Yazmine asked with a stun look on her face.

"Oh, they are just assholes. Let's go" He held her by the hand.

"I can't find Candy or the President. Where are they?" Yazmine said.

"They left already, so are we" Jameson replied.

"Why? What's going on?"

"Now is not the best time to talk about this. Just know we've fixed the problem" Jameson said walking further.

"Urgh.. he loves shutting me out" Yazmine grunt.
__

Placing her gently on the bed, Diego stared at Candy's calm face. This little woman is unpredictable.. Did she pass out due to his devilish side? But that was only little.

Some of her black hair covered some part of her face. He found himself reaching out for it then stopped when he realized what he was doing.

He got up and left for his own room. He wash off the blood on his hands and changed his wear.

Soon, his phone rang, the word 'Old man' flashes on his screen.

"Hey Old man" His deep voice cut through the silence in the room.

"Grandson, how have you been?"

"Good, I guess" He replied.

"You're such a punk not to take your wife to a honeymoon. Instead, you worked throughout the week. Is that how a newlywed couples do?" Old Mavis asked over the phone.

"I do my things my way. I'm married, I've done what you want" Diego's voice was flat.

"All I ever wanted is for you to be happy, child. I want to see that smile on your face again and I have this strong believe that your wife is going to make that happen" Old Mavis said over the phone.

'There must be a reason why you act this way. As your wife I'll try to find out the reason and change you'

Candy's voice sounded in Diego's head.

"I doubt it" Diego muttered and he heard Old Mavis chuckled gently.

"I'm sure you just think of her right now. Free your heart Diego"

"Hmm.. goodnight grandpa" He said, not wanting to hear those words anymore.

"Goodnight" Old Mavis replied and the call ended.

Diego's eyes caught the small frame of a little boy and a woman smiling brightly.

"Fuck" he cursed under his breath and closed down the frame.
___

Hannah applied a face cream as she stared mirror. Diego is visiting the mansion today.

Her phone rang flashing Venessa's name on the screen.

"Good morning Miss"

"Have you break up with him?" Hannah went straight to the point.

"Of course, I've done that already"

"Okay, be in the mansion tomorrow. I'll introduce you to Old Mavis" Hannah said.

"Thanks you miss" Venessa replied and Hannah ended the call.

The door of her room opened and her husband came into the room reeking alcohol.

"You've got to be kidding me" Hannah rolled her eyes.

"Hey sweetie.." His voice slur as he stepped closer. Hannah immediately landed a slap on his cheek causing his head to tilt to the other side.

"The fuck?" He asked.

"I told you not to call me sweet names. I'm not your wife since you're not capable of protecting the family. You're just insignificant" She pushed him to the bed and walk out of the room.

He sat up on the bed run his fingers into his hair. His name is Vincent, the first son of Old Mavis, also Diego's uncle.

Due to a huge mistake he made years ago, he became insignificant in the family.

Hated by those around him, most especially his wife.
___

The sun was up already, when Candy woke up from her sleep. She got down from the bed and freshen up. As usual, Diego wasn't home. It was Sunday, does he work on a day like this too?

She was glad, was not going anywhere today. The small wound on her lips might get the workers a bit worried.

Recalling how Diego had saved her from Natalie, she pulled out her phone and stared at Diego's number.

She ponder if she should call him or not. Taking a deep breath she called him. Surprisingly, he picked up almost immediately.

"Hello?" His voice sounded, catching her off guard.

"Uhm, good morning.. I was just wondering where you went" She tried her best to make her voice sound neutral but she failed.

"I went to deal with some business" He replied.

How come he sounds gentle than usual. Her heart flutter by it.

"Okay. Thank you for yesterday" She said.

"Not a problem. How are you feeling?" He asked.

Candy removed her phone from her face just to check if she was really calling Diego. Did he just asked how she was?

"Hello?" His voice sounded.

"Uhm.. I'm fine. I feel good after the long sleep" She replied.

"Okay, I'll see you soon" He replied and the call ended.

Candy blinked severally staring at her phone.

"That's weird" She mumbled but then smile. Is she succeeding to melt that cold heart?

A strange call came in and she decided to ignore it but it came in again almost immediately.

"Hello? Who's this?" She asked.

"Candy? Candy is that you?" A familiar voice sounded.

"Jackie?" Candy eyes widened.