Chapter 9: Dinner

"Urgh" Venessa groaned as the water dripped down her face. She wanted to yell but Candy shut the door on her face immediately.

"Hey!" She exclaimed hitting the door. "Open the damn door"

Meanwhile, Candy chest heaves ad she rest her back on the door. Venessa Maxwell? The real bride is here?

"Hey" Venessa hit the door harder but a hand stopped her. She looked up and found Jameson glaring down at her.

"What are you doing here?" Jameson asked.

"Who was that woman? Is that the girl Diego got married to?" She asked.

"And how is that your business?" Jameson asked.

"Because I should be the bride not her!.."

"She is not the bride and you have no right to sneak into this place. Don't you know what trouble you'll get into once Diego finds out?" Jameson push her hands off. Diego had actually asked him to get a file inside only to find Venessa trying to get in.

"Then who is she? Why are you trying to hide her identity?" Venessa raised her brow. She is definitely going to raise an alarm once she get out of here so Jameson thought of a way out.

"She is the new secetary" He replied and Venessa frowned.

"Huh?"

"Yeah, we fired the old one when you came with Hannah. She is the new secetary" Jameson replied and Venessa expression shows she wasn't falling for it.

"Then why is she so dressed like she own the place"

"That isn't your business now fuck off before before Diego does it himself"Jameson warned and Venessa finally gave up and walk away.

Jameson sighed before pressing the door passcode and walked in. His eyes dart around the room for Candy but didn't see her.

"She's gone, you can come out" Jameson stated and Candy slowly peek behind the couch.

"She is really gone?" She asked.

"Yeah, why are you hiding though?" He asked.

"I don't want anyone to know I'm married to him. That will only put me into a lot of trouble" She explained.

"You alright, I hope she didn't hurt you" He asked worriedly.

"I'm fine" Candy smiled. They talked for a while before Jameson finally left. Candy found him as a nice guy and was free with him.
__

"Huh? Secetary?" Diego raised his brow at him.

"Yeah, working here won't confuse people once they see you both together don't you think?" Jameson asked.

"How come you used such a lame excuse?"

"Do you have any better idea? Why are you even living in that place? You should stay somewhere well secured. You're just going to ruin Candy's plan against her step mother"

"You knew?" Diego frowned.

"She told me everything this morning. She is such a nice young lady. And oh, she also mentioned preparing a breakfast for you but you ignored it and left"

"That was why you reason you took longer than expected. She must be really good with running her mouth huh?" Diego raised his brow.

"C'mon Diego, stop being cold to her"

"She is the one who threw herself to me. I'm just helping her out. Beside, I hates fragile girls" Diego said and reached for the file on his table.

"Any important update?" Diego asked.

"Just an evening function you must attend and a call from old Mavis. He wish to see you and your bride in a week"

Jameson then remembered something.

"About Candy's background"
__

"She did?" Jackie eyes flew wide open.

"Yes my dear, Candy did all of these. Now I wonder she must be" Natalie faked a worried look.

"The Candy I know would never wants to take everything away from us just because we are partially related by blood. She wasn't even concern about me" Jackie mumbled. Natalie held her by the shoulder.

"Don't worry my love. We'll get to see her. If you gain any information about her, do tell me" Natalie said and Jackie nodded.

Inside her room, Jackie was seated in her bed as stared at a frame where she took a picture with Candy. They were on the beach smiling together.

"I won't believe what mother said Candy. Not until I see you" She mumbled.

"How is it going? It been two days already" Natalie said over the phone.

"We've found the second strange guy. We'll keep you update" Kelvin's voice sounded through the phone.

"Good, make sure you're smooth with your move this time around"

"Yes Mrs"
__

It was dark already when Diego walked into his home tiredly, he remove his jacket and throw it one side of the couch. His sweet aroma of Candy's meal hit his nose, he immediately made his way to the kitchen and found her cooking.

Her waist was swirling as she hum to a song while making dinner.

After his harsh words this morning, she is making dinner?

She held the wooden spoon to her face and sang out loud in her bag voice voice. Her eyes were close.

Diego stood behind her watching all her moves. She was wearing a short and a top that exposed her waist skin. He could guess how round her ass was, and missed how they felt on his arm and rod.

Her hair was tied into bun, which swirls following her movement.

She suddenly turn and her face dropped seeing him.

"Oh you're b..back" she stuttered.

"What are you.." The man to speak but the woman cut him off.

"Excuse me" She said and quickly turn off the stove. She was done with the dinner. She turn to face him again bow to greet.

"I made dinner" She said with a smile, but inside was nervousness. This man had warned her not to act nice but she couldn't help it.

Diego advance silently towards her causing Candy's smile fade at each step. Is he mad at her again? She wondered as he stopped when there was no space in between them again.

His gaze drifted down to her chest. The shape of her round firm breast was obvious.

"What did you make?" He inquiried, catching her off guard.

"It's Beef wellington. Took me hours to prepare" She answered, bringing back her smile.

Diego gaze went behind her. "Hmm"

Candy smile faded away again, Is he going to act the same way he did in the morning.

"Just one bite. I swear you won't regret it" She added quickly, her eyes pleading.

He shifted his gaze back to her. After a while if silence.

"Fine" He replied, catching her off guard again.

"Really!!" She exclaimed, her heart swelling with joy.

Diego stared at the served meal. Beef Wellington, a meal made for special occasions and take hours in preparing it. She had served it with red wine and a side of vegetables.

Candy watch him grab his fork and stabbed one of the beef, then gently place it in his mouth.

Candy was him chew gently on it without a word ad he savour her meal. She wanted to ask how was it but didn't want to ruin the moment.