Chapter 64: Lost

However Diego was seated in a dead body, sorrounded by blood as he listen to the fast approaching footsteps of the other men.

They all appeared from a distance, and halt in fear seeing the scene.

"Glad you're here-" Diego stood up slowly. "My anger ain't settled yet.

"Shoot!" One of them ordered. Diego immediately held one of the dead body up blocking the bullets from reaching him. He walked fast towards and shot the first in his mouth. Dropping the body, he hit the next who tried to shoot and slashed his throat using his knife.

His moves were fast, deadly. They wonder if this Billionaire is actually a human. The last man standing turned out to be Kelvin. Natalie's assistant.

Diego smirked and shot Kelvin's four times on his arm, which almost fell off. His scream rented the whole place, his head spin from the intense pain.

"Nice to meet you again" Diego growled, pinning Kelvin's neck to the wall, choking him.

"Please spare me" Kelvin begged.

"Only if you do what I ask" Diego muttered, his dark eyes sent a chill down Kelvin's spine.
____

(HOSPITAL)

Yazmine and Aiden pace outside the operating room.

"Why does he need surgery? Is it that critical?" Yazmine asked Aiden.

Aiden reached for her trembling hands and assured calmly.

"I'm sure Jameson will be fine. You just have to be calm Yazmine"

"I can't.. I just can't. I have this bad feeling Aiden. I can't shake it off" Yazmine mumbled, biting down her lips. Years ago, her mother was in the same situation.

She was stand outside with young Jameson while they wait for the news.. at the end.. they lost her..

Candy, Jackie and Phoenix appeared in the hospital. Phoenix stood distance away while Candy and Jackie approached Yazmine and Aiden.

"How is he? Please give me good news" Candy said.

"He is getting a surgery and seems to have something else wrong with him but the doctor is not telling us" Yazmine answered.

Jackie who heard this bit down her lips. Maybe it's time to let it out. She doesn't care if Jameson hates her for this later.

"Jameson is.." She stared and they all turn their attention to her.

"Jameson is sick" She stated and like she had expected, shock registered on their face.

"What are you talking about?" Candy asked.

"He has Sickle cell anemia" Hearing Jackie's word, Yazmine felt her soul leave her body. Since when? How?

"What are you saying?" Yazmine voice broke, her eyes tearing up.

"I'm sorry.. I hadn't tell you earlier. He didn't want to bother.."

"What the fuck!!.. why will you keep this in?! Why?!!" Yazmine yelled as she made to step towards Jackie but Aiden held him. Yazmine burst into tears, she was going insane.
____

Hannah swept her short hair backward, as her heart raced. Diego managed to save both? She must have underestimated that devil.

If she hadn't left the place after speaking with Jameson then Diego would have caught her too. He is definitely going to kill her this time around.

But... There was no evidence she was involve only if Henry or Jameson confess. Hannah took her phone and called a number, asking where Jameson is.

"He is taken to the hospital, unconscious"

"What hospital?" Hannah asked.
____

Seconds felt like hours, the air choking as they all waited for Jameson's news.

"He is going to be alive right?" Yazmine mumbled, swallowing her own saliva as she rest her head on Aiden's shoulder.

"He's going to be fine Yaz" He said gently patting her hair.

"I'm not gonna lose him?" Yazmine asked in a low voice.

"No you're not.. think positive Yazmine"

"I lost my mother the same way. I can't lose him like this. He is all I have" She whispered, as more tears streamed down her face.

"I'm so sorry" Jackie was busy crying while Candy hugged her to herself. She was in tears too.

"It's okay.. it's not your fault Jackie" Candy consoled.

Phoenix sighed, she wonder when Diego was going to come.

The door suddenly opened and the Doctor stepped out. Seeing the pity look on the doctor's face, the four got scared.

"How is he?" Yazmine jumped from her seat.

The doctor stared at her for while, his gaze shows something was definitely not right.

"I'm sorry ma'am.. we lost him"

Yazmine soul left her body again, as she tried to repeat the doctor's words in her head. Jackie's heart broke into a million pieces and Candy's head spin.

At moment, Diego stepped in and that was the first sentence he heard. His gaze was unreadable.

"What nonsense are you saying?" His deep voice caught their attention. The doctor adjusted his glasses and cleared his throat when the man began to step towards him.

Diego stopped when he was close enough. The thing that scared the doctor the most was the blood on Diego's body and the dark look on his face.

He look like a real devil coming back from hell..

"We tried... To.. re..vive him but..."

"Let's go back in" Diego demanded coldly.

"Huh?"

"We are going to revive him again. My brother is stronger than you think"

The doctor knew he can't stop the man so they went in again.

The other doctor who was about to cover Jameson's face stopped and looked at the two figure that just stepped in.. in confusion.

"Grab the equipment" The doctor ordered.

"Sir the man is.."

"Do what he fucking say, or I'll burn down the whole fucking hospital" Diego warned and them and they immediately took the equipment.

They placed the shocker on Jameson's body.

Diego didn't listen to whatever the doctors are saying, his eyes remain on his friend he took as his brother. His body jolt at every time the shocker touches his body.

The friend who always seems to make him make the right decision.

'I promise to fight by your side Diego, till the end' He remembered Jameson's promise.

"Better wake up, or I'm going to live with the guilt that I had killed you" Diego muttered and in the next moment, the machine beeped again.

One of the Doctor eyes widened.

"His heartbeat returned!"

"No way"

"He is alive?"

Diego lips finally curved up painfully as a tear fell of his eyes, his chest heaving hard... He muttered..

"You made it... brother"