Chapter 79: Boyfriend

"What the...."

Jameson's words caught in his throat as he watched the two figures abruptly disentangle from each other.

Yazmine and Aiden's faces turned pale, both momentarily forgetting how to speak.

"James?!" Yazmine scratched her head awkwardly. "W.. what are you doing here?"

"What do you mean by that question? It was you who asked me to help with the grocery store later on. When did you return? And.." Jameson's gaze fixed on Aiden, his expression intense.

"And what the heck were you doing with my sister?" He uttered through gritted teeth.

"Mr. James, I can explain, um..." Aiden swallowed, exchanging a glance with Yazmine for a moment.

"I've been dating Yazmine for a while now, and I was about to let you know. I'm so sorry you had to find out this way," Aiden apologized politely, though clearly nervous.

"Oh really?" Jameson stepped forward, but Yazmine stood in his way, positioning herself between Jameson and Aiden. Her gaze locked with Jameson's.

"Brother, allow me to introduce you to my boyfriend, whom I love so much..."

Jameson sighed, the image of Aiden pinning and kissing his sister still fresh in his mind. "This is insane," he mumbled.

"I'm not a kid. Aiden is not a bad guy," Yazmine said firmly and calmly.

Jameson glanced at Aiden, who had his hands behind him. Aiden bowed gently when their eyes met.

"Fine," Jameson muttered, his expression still stubborn.

As they ate together, Aiden could feel Jameson's intense gaze on him, which only made him more nervous. Yazmine went to get drinks.

"Mr. James, I understand how you feel right now. I would also feel the same way. I'm sorry," Aiden said.

"Tell me how you'll feel," Jameson demanded.

"Uhh.. I'll feel like killing him," Aiden replied, and Jameson's lips curved up a little but dropped almost immediately.

"That's how I feel right now," Jameson stated, and Aiden swallowed. "And I'll definitely do that if you mess with her," he said seriously.

"What's with the atmosphere?" Yazmine asked, darting her eyes between her brother and boyfriend. She dropped the drinks and folded her arms.

"Oh nothing, we were just talking," Jameson shrugged, with a smile.

Aiden gave Yazmine an assuring smile.

"So when are you leaving?" Yazmine suddenly asked.

Jameson thought she was asking Aiden, but it turned out to be him. His face dropped as he faced his sister.

"Huh? So you guys can continue?"

"Go get a girlfriend," Yazmine rolled her eyes.

"Jackie is not picking her calls," Jameson said before he knew it. Yazmine's smile widened while Aiden's expression turned into one of shock. "Uhm.. that's not what I meant."

"Awwn.. are you considering Jackie as your girlfriend now?" Yazmine grinned.

"No, she's not.. I'm just worried about her. Maybe I should I go check on her physically."

"Right, go on.." Yazmine said.

"Why are you in a rush to chase me away?" Jameson asked.

"Urgh!" Yazmine huffed.