Chapter 33: How cute

Getting to his car, Diego placed Candy gently and drive off. Yazmine, Jackie and others stared in awe except Jameson, who began to search the area.

Around the corner, a reporter check out the pictures he had taken. It was the picture of Diego carrying Candy out with her head rested on his chest.

The reporter claimed on his bike and left the arena. Jameson didn't fail to notice.

"Yazmine" Jameson went to drag her sister gently.

"What's going on James. Candy and the president.. are they-" She wanted to ask but he cut her off.

"That is not the important thing right now. What did you see when you saw Candy?"

Yazmine explained how a waitress pour a drink on Candy. She followed her and how a guard had mistaken her as the owner of a broken car. When she got back she found Candy gone and immediately search for her. It took a while before getting her location. She saw Candy drowning in the pool with a little movement.

"I would have saved her myself but I couldn't swim either. Gosh I was so scared" Yazmine wipe the tears from her face.

"Hey it's okay" Jameson held her close and hug her. She must be so scared since she saw Candy first. "Candy is stronger than you think"

His mind drifted to Diego. The person behind this is definitely going to see hell.
____

Candy woke up in a strange room, blinking the remnants of sleep in her eyes, she sat up slowly. She sighed remembering what happened last night.

It was scary, and she actually thought she would die. Her struggles and the urge to scream was terrifying. Before she lose conciousness, the only person she had wished to see again was, Diego..

She remembered coughing out after a while and his embrace after she was calm. That wasn't a dream right? She had never seen that side of Diego..

Candy swung her feets down the ground, and noticed her cloth was changed. He must have did it. Her eyes wandered around wondering who own this place.

"You haven't come to my place for a year. You didn't even care if I was dead or alive" Einstein said as he prepare breakfast.

"I'm glad you know" Diego said as he sat on a couch eating apple, with his leg on each other.

"You're such a jerk. You came when you needed my help. If it wasn't for the beautiful, cool woman you bought, I wouldn't have given you a face" Einstein said.

"Why is she still sleeping? She should be awake by now. Did you slip her with sleeping pills?" Diego asked, his voice thick.

"Stop being paranoid. She is probably exhausted from your trouble" Einstein replied earning a glare from Diego as he turn. His eyes caught the fragile figure standing from a distance.

"Awwn, the beauty is awake" Einstein remarked.

Diego traced his gaze and his eyes met Candy. Candy didn't know how to react, will he be mad at her for getting into trouble last night?

"We were just talking about you. You must be hungry" Einstein said.

"Good morning" She greeted, Einstein nodded but Diego didn't say anything but avert his gaze.

Candy walked to sit beside Diego.

"How are you feeling?" His deep voice cut through the silence in between them.

"I'm fine now. Thanks for saving me yesterday" She said, playing with her fingers.

"Hmm" He grunt.

Einstein was done serving.

"You must Einstein" Candy guessed right and the handsome man smiled.

"Don't tell me Diego was the one who told you about me" Einstein said.

"No it was Jameson. He said I'll meet you someday. He talked about your talents, you're such a great man" She replied.

"Wow, I can't believe this jerk got to marry someone this cool"

Diego lips fell open. Einstein sat beside Candy and held her hand, she blinked severally wondering what the man was up to.

"If Diego happens to hurt you, don't think twice before running to me" Einstein said.

"Hey, I don't mind breaking your bones this morning" Diego warned coldly.

"Does he use this kind of tone to you?" Einstein asked and Candy decided to play along. She pouted like a kid.

"Yes he does" She gave him a look and Diego blinked in disbelief.

"He acts cold too?" He asked.

"He also have a lot of sex partners. That's crazy right?" Candy said.

"And then gets jealous whenever he sees you talking to another man?" He asked and Candy nodded quickly.

"How do you know that?" She asked. "Have he ever done that to a lady before?"

"Haha.. of course not. I've known Diego for a long time. Last night I saw something in his eyes when he bought you here" Einstein said.

Candy got so curious, but before she could speak the man behind her said in a hard voice.

"You two won't like it when I explode" Diego raised a brow.

"I'll tell you later on. You should eat, you must be hungry" Einstein stood with a smile.

While eating the door opened and Jameson walked it. Setting his eyes on Candy, he breath out in relief.

"How are you feeling? You're not hurt?" He rushed to Candy. Diego bit down his tongue in his mouth.

'Why is his friend getting on his nerves today?'

"I'm fine. I must have scared you" Candy muttered.

"So much. Yazmine and Jackie insisted on coming but I told her you'll need some rest. How did it happen?"

"Don't worry her too much and let her eat" Diego said. Jameson and Candy looked up to him speechless.

"Did you put something in his food? Why is he acting weird?" Jameson asked Einstein.

"Weed" Einstein answered.

"That's it, I'm killing you both" Diego stood, Jameson and Einstein ran away from him. Candy watch them as they run around the house.

"Am I dreaming?" Candy mumbled.

Diego caught Jameson, he grab the pillow on the couch and started hitting him. Einstein pretend to pull out an imaginary phone.

"Hello, is this the police? Come over quickly, a jerk is about to kill my friend" He said pretending to be scared. Diego grab him from behind and made him fall on Jameson. He grab another pillow and began to hit them again.

Candy's jaw was practically on the floor. Her husband look so serious while playing..

She smile, 'How cute'
____

Meanwhile, after hearing Candy's explanation, Diego searched for Alexa and found her at the hospital. She said she had fainted on her way to call for help due to her body issues. A guard found her and took her to the hospital.

Diego found this story weird and he is going to get to the root of the matter. So.. he decided to visit Alexa himself!

Alexa was busy playing with her fingers out of nervousness. The door creaked open and she jumped from her seat thinking it was Hannah but it turns out to be the last person she expected..

Diego...

"Mr... President..?" She stuttered with her eyes widened like it was going to pop out of its socket soon.