Chapter 53: Promise

At Diego's first step, the guy's eyes widened as the deadly warning rang in his head. 'The last person I fist fought with didn't leave the hospital alive'.

In the next moment, Diego was standing before him, his gaze sent a chill down his spine, the gaze that shows he was damn serious about what he said. This devil haven't started and yet he was already sweating profusely.

"Hit me" Diego demanded in a low voice. The trembling guy swallowed hard.

"Uhm.. hmm" His words seems to be caught up in his throat. Out of fear, fluid poured out beneath him.

"The the fuck?" One of the crowd eyes widened.

What's he doing? Is he crazy?...

This is so embarrassing...

Others in the club murmured among each other. The guy before Diego became confused. Just then, he looked down to his pant and realized why the were all staring.

He peed in his pant. 'Oh fuck' He cursed inwardly and then look back up to Diego who smirked.

"Okay sorry man.. fuck, you're so scary. I was just playing with you man..." His words were cut short when Diego roughly grab his neck hard.

"I said hit me" He demanded again. The guy peed on his pant again unable to move his muscules. When the guy did nothing, Diego pushed him away.

The guy landed hard on the table behind him and groan in pain.

Sighing, Diego turn back to Candy, who had a relief look on her face. She was glad Diego didn't kill him. He held her hand gently and led her away from the crowd heading up to the VIP area.

"I fucking told you to stay away from him. Now look at you all wet in your own urine" The guy's friend spat.

Getting upstairs, Diego was being greeted by every workers at the VIP. One could see the surprised look on their faces when they saw him with a woman.

The woman rumored to be his wife..

He took her into a comfortable empty room and faced her.

"How about we stay here? I'm sorry but crowds makes me uncomfortable. We can dance here instead" After his word, Diego pressed two button on the wall behind her.

Elegant music filled the room and fancy lights beautified the room. Candy's lips stretched up to a smile.

"Do you like it?" He asked, bringing her attention back to himself.

"Yeah I do"

"Well, I don't know how to dance. I guess you'll be my teacher tonight" He led her to the center of the room. Facing her, he draw her waist close.

Candy eyes locked with his. The reason why she love this man was unknown to her. His presence, action and just everything makes her heart flutter.

"I'm waiting for your first move wife" His words bought her back, she saw him smirked. "Am I that handsome?"

"Tssk.. yes you are. I want to stare at you all day Di" She grin.

"I love you" He whispered, kissing her forehead. Candy couldn't count the number of times, she had heard those beautiful words from his mouth.

Wrapping her arms around his neck, she made the first move and began to dance with him. Diego was a fast learner so caught up quickly.

They stared at each other smiling while taking careful dancing steps, lost in their own world and never wanted to come out of it.

"Thanks wife.. thanks for being my life. I promise protect you.. even if it's to burn the whole world down and never feel remorseful about it" Diego promised with utmost solemnity.