Chapter 13: Dinner

Brielle choke the more and tears streamed down her eyes. Realization hit Candy and she got back to her senses. She immediately let go of Brielle, and her eyes widened, knowing she had let her anger take over her?

Brielle knelt to the floor coughing out the cup and her saliva. Her throat burn from the pain inflicted by the force. She actually thought she was going to die.

Candy's gaze shifted to the other workers. They were all staring at her in awe.

This would be the first time one will stand up to Brielle..

Brielle stood up, her face squeezing with so much anger. She faced Candy and wanted to yell, but one of the employee greeted the man that just step in.

"Good morning, Mr. President" Others also chorus the greeting.

"Mr... P... resident" Brielle quickly bow her head.

"What happened?" Diego directed the question to Candy. She shifted her gaze to Diego. Brielle hands were sweaty, she should do something.

"President, I can explain what.." Brielle wanted to speak but his cold voice shut her up.

"I never asked you"

Brielle swallowed back her word, and kept her head low. Candy explained everything to him, her voice was firm leaving no details behind.

"That's not tru..." Brielle made to speak but one look from Diego shut her up.

After Candy was done explaining herself, Brielle waited for Diego's permission for her to speak but that didn't happen.

"I've heard this report many times. Using that tiny power of yours to treat employees in an inappropriate way" Diego's voice sounded deep and powerful sending a chill down Brielle's spine. She was sweating nervously.

"P... resident, it.. isn't like that.."

"Don't you dare lie to my face" He warned.

Candy bit down her lips. She knew Brielle deserves it but she felt pity for the poor woman.

"I'm sorry sir..."

"No need to be sorry. Workers like you, shouldn't be here. Leave"

Brielle eyes widened at his order. She immediately went to her knee, with tears brimming out.

"I apologize President! That won't happen!"

Her plead fell on deaf ears. Diego return his dark gaze to Candy and slowly left the place. Other worker let out the breath they were holding. That was so intense, some was afraid to move an inches. They all stared at Brielle crying on the floor.

Good for her!...

Jameson cleared his throat, and they all get back to their senses. They had almost forgotten about the second devil. The employees immediately went back to their job.

"That was pretty awesome. I never knew you could kick some ass" Jameson said to Candy.

"Will she be okay? I hit her head pretty hard" Candy pouted.

"Don't worry about her, I'll appoint someone else to teach you" Jameson replied.
___

Candy got home before Diego. He comes home late. After freshening up, she wore a comfortable dress and went to the kitchen to prepare dinner. Jameson had told her Diego eats outside and she wants to end that.

She pulled out the new phone she got and stared at the message she sent to Diego two hours ago. She had received Diego's number from Jameson.

*I'LL PREPARE DINNER*

Jameson told her he eats outside, having a personal restaurant for himself. There's no need for that, since he now have a wife.

She remembered how he had ate her meal that day and smile a little but it dropped immediately she remembered what happened afterward.

"Does he know about my condition?" She mumbled. What if he send her out once he find out she have a slim chance of giving birth?

Choosing the ingredients carefully, Candy prepared the dinner. The kitchen was filled with the sweet aroma of her meal.

After was done, she decided to wait for him. She knew how hard he is to please, but she is going to try every possible way to achieve it.

It was late when Diego arrived home. His eyes caught the little woman sleeping at the dinning room with her head placed on the table. Stepping closer, he stared at her calm face for a while.

Was she waiting for him to come home?

There were served covered dishes on the table. He remembered how her message came in while he was busy dealing with an underworld issue.

His phone vibrated in his pocket, pulling it out, the name of his chef flashed on his screen.

"Is everything alright sir? You didn't come over" The chef's voice sounded over the phone.

"I'm fine" Still staring at Candy, he continued. "Someone made my meal already"

It was almost morning, when Candy woke. She sat up slowly with a frown. It took her a while before remembering what happened.

"Oh shit" She cursed under her and stood but her eyes caught the empty plate on the table. She slowly sat back down and her lips curved up.

"He ate it" She smiled cutely.
___

Yazmine has a bright smile on her face as she stared at the message she received from her anonymous friend online. They've chatting a lot since a week now, and have been very close. This anonymous guy tells her stories and help in easing her pain with his joke.

He sound mature and most time she felt they have known each other for a very long time.

*Can we meet? That's if it's fine by you*

Yazmine texted and waited for his reply. Her finger went to her lips, when the three bouncing dots appeared on her screen.

*Not yet, I don't want you to be disappointed*

"Huh?" Yazmine pouted but Jameson appeared during that time and she quickly hide the phone.

"What's up?" Jameson wanted to ask what happened but then remembered he had promised not bother her. He'll stay low while protecting her.

"Uhm, nothing. What?" Yazmine asked.

"Here to tell you we have a function tomorrow evening" Jameson said.

"Really?! What about Candy, is she coming with us?" She asked.

"Yeah she is but please there's nothing between I and Candy okay?"

"But she is cool. See the way she taught that bitch Brielle a lesson huh?"

"She is taken, please don't make her feel uncomfortable tonight, okay? Please" jameson pleaded.

"Fine alright" Yazmine waved her hand in surrender.

Jameson sighed and left the place. Yazmine lips stretched up into a smile.
__

Candy huffed, sweeping her hair backward. Her new trainer had given her some tasks to do and she was almost done.

"Hey" Yazmine dropped a coffee before her.

"Hi, Miss" Candy smiled.

"Yazmine, call me Yazmine"

"Yazmine" Candy smiled.

Yazmine was the first friend Candy made at the office. They ate lunch together and have things in common. Candy let out a laugh when Yazmine explained how her Jameson got himself stuck on a tree on a family trip while they were little.

"What about you? How about your family. Do you have any siblings?" Yazmine asked sipping out of her drink.

"Uhm, I'll like to skip that part for now" Candy muttered.

"Right" Yazmine knew not to ask further and nodded.