Chapter 18: Something strange

Meanwhile, Diego was before his Old Mavis who has a stun look on his face.

"Who was that?" Old Mavis asked.

"That was my wife. I would have bought her here with me but she is not feeling too good. She need to rest" Diego replied.

Hannah who was beside Old Mavis, frowned. Her fist clinched hard. Venessa who was beside her chest heaves with nervousness.

Diego sounded as if they were close.

"That's a fake bride, Diego" Hannah challenged.

"Fake bride? You saw clearly I got married to a woman that day" He said.

"You mean the girl I saw in your house?" Venessa asked this time.

"My house?" Diego frowned so as Hannah. Venessa immediately realized she should have say that.

"You went to my house without my permission? How bold" His remarked, anger lacing in his voice.

Hannah quickly tried to smoothen the situation.

"What is her name? Is she close to the family?"

"That, I can't tell you at the moment. But I'll introduce her to the family soon when she is ready" Diego replied.

"Venessa is the daughter of the Max cooperation. Her father is a very close man to the family. He is upset the wedding didn't work out. It's not too late to get a divorce.."

"You are getting on nerves Hannah. Since Venessa was the one who didn't show up what the fuck am I supposed to do? Stand at the alter and disgrace the family?" He asked, making Hannah speechless. This conversation was not going their way.

"I got into an accident" Venessa said.

"Accident?" He scoffed and continue. "Should I reveal what you were doing that day? To think that Hannah wants me to marry someone like you disgust me"

"Diego, respect" Hannah almost flared.

"I don't respect those who doesn't respect themselves. You were asked to prepare a wife for me, not a slut" Diego's word pierced through Venessa's heart badly. She never knew the man would be this cold and heartless with his word.

All these while, Old Mavis was silent the whole time.

"I got to fulfill grandfather's wish. That's all that matters" Diego concluded.

"Father, this isn't.." Hannah made to speak but Old Mavis raised his finger shutting her up. She swallowed and waited for him to speak.

"I would wait for you to introduce her to the family. It shouldn't take long.. I want to see the woman who is going to bring me grandchildren" Old Mavis said and stood up slowly with the assistant of his maid and left.

Diego stood, dipping his hands into his pocket as he stared down at the two woman.

"I'll leave this warning. Don't even try going after her. I'll interfere and trust me, you'll definitely won't like it"

With this, he stride out of the place and followed Old Mavis.

Hannah bit down her lips in anger.

"You should spend the night here. I've missed your presence" Old Mavis said as they stood alone.

"Hmm, how's your health?" He asked.

"I'm fine now, since I know you have a woman"

"Are you so happy about that?" Diego asked.

"You have no idea" Old Mavis smiled.

****

(GONZALEZ COOPERATION)