Chapter 75: I hate him

YEARS AGO***

After Diego's recovery, Nana took him home, fed and tucked him in his bed.

"I'm so sorry baby, I wasn't there to protect you" Nana said, patting his hair gently.

Diego stayed quiet and her heart breaks. Recovering from the shock is going to take a while. Kissing his forehead, she lay beside him, hugging his tiny body.

Meanwhile, after Diego fell asleep, Nana heard the scream of her husband downstairs.

"Nana!!" Romeo's roared made her flinched. Did something happen?

She carefully disconnected herself from sleeping Diego and rushed down to meet him. She found Romeo seated on the couch, a file on the table.

Nervously, she played with the hem of her dress, the look on his face scares her.

"You called" She whispered so low, her mind riling from what might have happened.

"Pick up the file" He demanded, his voice cold.

Nana opened the file on the table, checking the content, her eyes widened.

"It can't be" she shook her head. She face her husband, panicking. "This is not true!"

"Not true?" Romeo raised a brow at her. He stood up and scoffed. "Are you saying I made a fake result about the DNA test? How dare you cheat and made me raise a bastard the whole time?"

"How could doubt? He is your son! You are the only man I know. This marriage might not be the one I dreamt of but I would never do this..."

His hand flew across her face, bursting her lips. Her eyes teared up as he grab her neck, glaring.

"You are still lying? Do you know how hard I've worked and yet, you want to destroy it?.."

"Please don't do this right now. Diego is at home, he is just recovering from an accident" She pleaded.

Romeo scoffed and pinned her against the wall, his hand tightly snaked around her neck.

"To think that I've been raising someone else's son for nine years made me want to kill you.. that's right, you should just die whore"

Nana couldn't breath, her lungs desperate for oxygen.. just when she thought she would pass out, someone hit Romeo hand with a fry pan.

Nana's neck was released and she sat on the floor coughing hard and gasping for air.

Romeo hissed in pain and his head snapped towards Diego.

"Get away from my mother!!" The young boy glared. Romeo's anger instantly increase.. the boy he assumed to be son just hit him.

Grabbing Diego by his short hair he began to walk away.

"Romeo!!" Nana shook her head trying to blink away the dizziness creeping into her. She managed to stand on her feet and follow them, though slow.

"Let go of me!" Diego yelled trying to get away.

"Now I see the reason why you're so disobedient. You're not a Gonzalez. All what my father built in sweat and hardship. I won't let someone like you to destroy that!" He spat.

Romeo pushed the bathroom door open, his eyes caught the tub filled with water. Diego eyes widened getting to sense his intention.

"What no!" His tiny voice rang through the bathroom. Getting to the tub, he dip the boy's head into the water.

Cruel!

Intensively, Diego reached for his hand trying to get away but the man didn't stop. Nana managed to get there in time and her eyes widened seeing how monsterous her husband has become...