Chapter 65: I need you

Diego slowly stepped out of the place, the curious gaze of others settled on him except Yazmine who had passed out from the shocking news and was taken by the nurse, Aiden following them.

Candy's heart shattered seeing Diego's look.

"Jameson is alive now" Diego announced, his gaze devoid of emotion. The Doctor had explained why Jameson situation seems to worsen.. Sickle cell anemia..

For a moment, they all didn't believe Diego's not until the doctor stepped out and said the same thing.

"He'll be transfered to his ward after a while" The doctor stated and left.

Others breath out in relief at the news. Jackie burst into another round of tears. Only her knows how much those words affected her. She would have blamed herself forever!

"He'll be fine now" Candy whispered to Jackie, hugging her.

"I'm so glad" Jackie's voice croaked.

Diego stepped further walking pass them, Candy's eyes never left him.

"I'll stay with her, you should go to him" Phoenix stepped forward and spoke.

"Thank you" Candy whispered.

Walking down the hospital quiet hall, Candy eyes dart around searching for Diego. Finally, she spot him sitting on the floor with on leg folded and an arm rested on it. His head rested on the wall with his eyes closed.

Inside him was chaos, he was still angry, his cold aura tells it all. His hands were trembling from such a feeling.

Candy took a deep breath and wipe the tears on her face before stepping towards him. Not minding the bloodstains over the devil's body, she sat on the floor beside him and reached for his hand.

Diego's eyes fluttered open slowly, and shifted towards her. They both stared at each other for a long while without uttering a word.

"You can let your emotions out Di. I'm here for you" She whispered.

Diego's jaw clinched as he caressed her tiny hand, bringing it to his face his kisses it lightly.

"I hate myself" He whispered, staring at her hand. "I hate myself for making him that way"

"It's not your fault Di" Candy tried her best not to cry.

"Yes it is" Diego's voice cracked as he took a deep breath. "If I had known I would have stopped from trying hard to fight my war. I almost killed him wife.. what if he..."

He couldn't finish his words when Candy pulled herself up and hug his head of her chest.

"It's not your fault. Jameson will never leave you, That was why he came back" She assured.

Diego finally let out those tears he had been holding. He shut his eyes close, inhaling Candy's scent that seems to comfort him.

"It's not your fault" Candy whispered again patting his dark messy hair while his hand went to her waist drawing her closer. His light sobs broke her heart and all she wish to do was to comfort him at that moment.

Phoenix revealed from a distance and saw the scene, her lips curled up gently.

'So it's true the devil's heart now belongs to someone' With this thought she left before she could be spotted.

Jackie who had stopped crying moments ago saw Phoenix coming.

"He's good now with your sister" Phoenix answered her unspoken question. "Your sister is brave, normally I get careful around him whenever he is all covered in blood" Phoenix said sitting beside Jackie.

"Before Jackie could reply, the door of the operating room opened and Jameson was slide out.

Jackie and Phoenix stood at the same time. Jameson's face was paled, his head covered in bandage.

Jackie tried to step forward but one of the doctor stopped her.

"You can visit after three to four hours miss.. please be patient" The doctor assured and she stand back. The ward was transparent so Jackie could still see Jameson.

"You like him?" Phoenix asked.

"A lot" Jackie replied straightforwardly. "I kinda wish I'm in his place right"

"Tssk!" Phoenix scoffed.

"What?" Jackie raised a brow at her.

"Nothing" Phoenix smiled.
___

However, Diego was naked under the shower of a restroom in the hospital. Candy was busy washing the blood stain away from his body.

Diego drew his face to her neck, holding her close.

"Di, I'm not done yet" Candy whispered.

"I need you, Candy" He whispered. Candy's gaze locked with his and swallowed seeing the desire swirling in his gaze.

He lean down capturing her lips, his hands went for her cloth pulling them down so he could touch her alluring body.

Candy moaned into his mouth when the man groped her bare ass pulling her up to himself. He position himself to her entrance, his lips still ravishing her as he went in slowly.

The both grunt in pleasure, feeling each other's moment.

Soon, Diego's moved his member in and out of her which soothe the pain and anger in him. Candy was moaning hard as he fucked her against the wall, his lips kissing her body.

In a while, they both came to their release and groaned in pleasure. Breathing hard, Diego placed a light kiss on Candy earlobe.

"Thanks wife" He whispered.

Candy kissed his chest in replied and wrapped her arms around him. Diego ran his fingers in her hair as they both hug each other for a long while.
_____

The sun was up when Yazmine finally gain her conciousness. Her throat felt dry as she tried to understand her sorrounding. The tragic incident yesterday made her eyes flew open.

"Jameson!" She screamed, jerking herself up from the bed.

Aiden who woke up from her voice was quick enough to catch.

"Yazmine, stay calm" He behested.

"Let me go, why didn't you wake me up, I need to see my brother!" Her eyes were tearing up as she exclaimed.

"Jameson is alive" Aiden broke the news before she could go crazy again. Yazmine stopped to look at him.

"Of course he is" Yazmine mumbled.

"Let me take you to him" Aiden said lightly.

Relief washed over Yazmine's face as she stepped into Jameson's ward. Her hand flew to her lips as tears streamed down her face.

"The doctor tried reviving him again when President came.. and it worked" Aiden said, watching Yazmine stepping close to her unconscious brother.

She reached for his hand which was slightly bigger than hers and smiled painfully.

"Thanks James" She mumbled.

Jackie smiled at the scene, she had been with Jameson throughout the night.

Diego and Candy who was also in the room held hands to together.

"I'll be right back" Diego said to Candy and stepped out of the ward.

Candy placed her hand on Yazmine's shoulder. She turn her gaze to Candy and they both smiled at each other.

"She is nowhere to be found Mr. President..."

"Fucking find that bitch. As long she is still breathing on this planet, there's nowhere she can run to" Diego said coldly and left the hospital.