Chapter 71: Limit

"Are you insane?" Old Mavis turned, casting a cold glance at Romeo standing behind him. "How could you have done such a thing?"

"He is family, father. He had suffered enough," Romeo answered, his voice firm.

"Do you know the implication of what you just did? First you came back without notice, and then you released that boy. Diego is going to throw a tantrum, and you know very well what he is capable of," Old Mavis said, disliking Romeo's action.

"I can handle him..."

"And what made you think he'll listen to you? He hates you. You should have made amends with your son first. I'm still trying to control a devil, and yet you release another one," Old Mavis panicked.

"Father," Romeo called lightly, "Don't you miss the way our family was? The peace and love we had before mom passed away..."

"Then you and your dumb brother destroy it because of power."

"I know, pa, that's why we are going to fix this," Romeo said with determination.

"Griffin had hurt Diego too far. Have you forgotten the hatred those two had for each other? If he accepts him back, then I'll do the same," Old Mavis stated. As he turned to leave, his eyes met with Griffin.

"Grandpa..." Griffin made to speak.

"Don't call me that," Old Mavis cut him off and headed towards his room with the help of his personal maid.

Griffin took a deep breath and gave Romeo a look.

"Thanks for getting me out once again," he said.

"Hmm, make that worth it. Or I'll send you back," Romeo said without a smile. As he turned to leave, Griffin clenched his jaw.

"Fuck," he mumbled.
___

"Where am I?" Jameson took a deep breath and tried to move but felt a hand holding him. He looked down at her, recognizing her.

"Jackie?" He thought... The memories of what had happened before he passed out flooded in, and he sighed. How long have he been unconscious?

He tried to force himself up, which only woke Jackie.

She sniffed, raising her head. Her eyes met with Jameson. Not believing what she is seeing, she rubbed her eyes to looked at him again.

"Mr.. Mr James?" Her eyes immediately teared up.

"Where am..." Before he could finish, Jackie immediately hugged him so tight he couldn't breathe.

"You're awake! God, you're awake!! Why did it take you so long, huh? Do you know how worried I was?!"

Jameson couldn't find a word... just what the hell happened after he had passed out? He finally managed to speak.

"How long was I unconscious?" He asked lightly.

"A week," she sobbed harder, her tears wetting his sleeve. Jameson was shocked, a whole week?! She finally broke the hug after a long while and sniffed.

"How are you feeling? Sorry I had to hug you like that," she said in between her sobs.

Jameson frowned, he surprisingly feels livelier than before. "Hey," he held Jackie's face, wiping her tears with his thumb.

"I'm fine now. Tell me everything that happened while I was unconscious," Jameson said.
___

"Are you the Billionaire Devil?" Einstein's six-year-old son, Ben asked Diego, who turned his head to his direction.

"How did you..."

"My father told me one of his friends is a Devil and the other is an Angel. You're definitely the devil one."