Chapter 97: Charge

"I told you I hate to see your tears.. I'm so sorry it took this long to see you again. DEAR WIFE"
___

Candy stayed frozen, her eyes staring at him for an unmeasurable amount of time. It's not a dream right? Her Di is standing right before her! She reached for his face using her hand, afraid he'll disappear.

"Di? I.. it's really you" Candy's voice croaked as another round of tears streamed down her face. Her heart burn within with the fear of losing him again.

Diego held her face and smile painfully. Gosh, he must have scared his wife and he hated it. He is back and this time, he'll never leave her side. He'll take down those fools that caused this.. in a gruesome way.

But first, he needed to soothen his wife's heart. That was why he came for her face.

"It's me" He whispered in the most gentle voice ever.

"I missed you" She said, wrapping her arms around him, inhaling the scent she missed so fucking much. "I missed you so fucking much Di.. don't ever do that again. I'm so mad at you and at the same time glad.. I love you so much Di. Please stay safe and.."

"Shh" Diego ran his fingers on her black hair and leaned down to kiss her gently, which calmed her. "I'm here now. I'm not leaving you ever again"

Candy hugged him tighter, letting out her emotions.
___

(GONZALEZ COOPERATION)

The company's atmosphere was filled with worries and tension. Ever since Diego's death news spread all over, every employees were in tight spot.

Yeah, their president might be cold and a deadly man but he is capable and care for his employees even though he doesn't show them.

However, they heard the news of Griffin trying to take over and that alone scared them. A man who is said to have spent nine years in prison for murder is planning to take over?

Even the shareholder were against this, asking Old Mavis for explanation but got no response.

In the boardroom big enough to contain 30 men, sat the shareholders around the large table.

"We can't let this happen. Mr. Griffin taking over the company will ruin it" One of them spoke.

"He is an ex convict, rumoured to have killed Diego after his release" Another said.

"Watch your word Mr. Brandon. We can't just jump into conclusion. Mr. President was very capable even with his cold attitude, he never for once let us down. I don't think we can find someone suitable as him" A woman spoke this time.

"Yes I agree with you. This company can't be handover to just anyone.. especially someone who is viewed as a murderer" Another spoke.

"I agree" Others nodded.

"Since we are all against it then I guess it is settled. Griffin cannot take over the company"

The door suddenly opened revealing Griffin himself, he was dressed in a well tailored black suit. His gaze cold as they scan the shareholder.

He actually heard everything..

"How sweet" He muttered stepping in. His aura was dominating, just like Diego. They tried their best not to show they were intimidated. They are not accepting him anyway.

"Mr. Griffin.. the shareholders had discussed..."

"I know, I know" He waved off his hand drawing out the president chair for himself. A bandage was still wrapped around his hand. "I heard every single word, there's no need to repeat it. I never cared about it anyway"

"Then why did you call us?" The first woman asked. Griffin raised his cold gaze at them.

"Since all of you are so fucking tired. I should help you out.. don't you think?"

The door opened and a few people dressed in suit walked in. Venessa and Noah was among, they have a sly smile on their face.

The shareholder got confused.

"What is this?" A middle aged man who had been silent the whole time spoke.

"I'm changing shareholders" Griffin said and their eyes widened.

Tension settled in the air as the shareholder cast a glance among each other.

"Do you even know the implication of what you are asking?" The man asked and Griffin lean forward, placing his elbows on the desk.

"Of course, that's why you are going to sign these" He said.

Venessa stepped forward placing some file before them. Her smile widened seeing the shock on their face as the check out the file content.

"You're not to make actions like a share buyback or delisting from the stock exchange" Griffin spoke.

"What nonsense!!" One of them fired, slamming his hand on the table and creating a loud thud.

"This is insane!"

"I'm not signing this!"

"Me neither! I'm going to do the legal action!"

"What an audacity!"

"It would be foolish to sign this willingly!"

"We have our right!"

Like that, angry comments tore out from the lips of the shareholders.

"Silence!!" Griffin roared and the place turned silence again. He scoffed. "Who said something about willingly?"

Immediately, the group of people behind them pulled out a gun and placed it on each of the shareholders head. Their eyes widened in shock.

"Take the damn papers and sign or you won't step out of this boardroom alive"

The shareholders swallowed in fear.
___

"What?!" Jackie exclaimed insanely as she pace around Yazmine's office.

"That's what I heard. The shareholders didn't have a choice but to sign.. sigh.. I wonder where Jameson is.. gosh I'm so fucking stressed" Yazmine said closing her tired eyes. She didn't sleep well these days..

With Diego gone, everything was just in a mess. Even Candy was no where to be found. She tried to hold the company and now... Griffin just fired the whole Shareholders.

"I just wish Mr. President could just show up. Everything is.." Jackie sighed sitting on the empty chair before Yazmine.

They heard a yell of order coming outside the office.

"Why is that voice familiar?" Yazmine muttered, she stood and left the office. Jackie followed her.

"C'mon, be snappy!"

They both saw Venessa yelled at an employee who sat on the floor holding her cheek. It seems Venessa just hit her.

"How dare her" Yazmine muttered and marched towards Venessa. Jackie did the same.

"What are you doing?" Yazmine asked. Venessa faced her and scoffed.

"Look who we have here. I was actually wondering where you guys went" Venessa said. "Well in case you dummies doesn't know. I am now a shareholder of this company so you should listen to me"

"Haha!" Yazmine and Jackie burst into laughter.

"Look at how straight her face is when she said that" Jackie said to Yazmine in between her laughter.

"I know right, she look like a piece of shit" Yazmine said and their laughter grew harder.

Venessa took a deep breath, rolling her eyes to the other side.

"I can fire you both if I want" Venessa threatened. Yazmine and Jackie's face turned cold.

"Fine, I resign" Yazmine said and Venessa raised a brow.

"Why?" She scoffed folding her arms.

"So I can do this.." Yazmine spoke and her hand immediately flew to hit Venessa face. The slap sounded, renting the place and catching the attention of the others.