Chapter 15: Danger

Candy disconnected herself from Xavier and cleared her throat.

Xavier immediately knew she wasn't comfortable with what he just did.

"I'm sorry. I was just too excited to see you" He said.

"No it's fine.. I.." Her remaining word got back in when she felt someone's presence behind her. She had almost forgotten this man was here. She could feel his burning gaze on her.

"President Diego, how have you been?" Xavier greeted with a cheerful smile, stretching his hand for an handshake.

As expected, Diego look down his hand and back up at him without removing both hands from his pocket.

"You've never handshake me ever since with are business partner. How cold" Xavier said.

'Business Partner?' Candy thought. So that was the reason Diego came to them.

"Let's get down to business" Diego said and walked pass him.

"I'll see you soon Candy" Xavier said quickly and followed Diego.

"Who was that?" Yazmine nudged Candy from behind.

"An old friend. We kinda date once before" Candy replied. Yazmine blinked severally.

"What. He is here to steal you from my brother?" Yazmine asked.

"There nothing between I and Jameson" Candy shook her head.

Meanwhile, Jameson stayed seated on his seat. His eyes scan around the place and he spot a pest among the crowd.

It was Natalie making a call. His own phone buzz and check out the message that just dropped. It was a message from a strange number in which he traced to be Venessa's.

*I KNOW ABOUT YOUR SECRET, TELL ME WHO IS DIEGO'S BRIDE*

Jameson sighed after reading the message.

"Does she really think this would work on me?" He muttered, returning his gaze to Natalie but found her gone.

Jameson drank out of his red wine, stood and adjust his shirt before stepping among the crowd.

While the function was going on, Diego was in a room with Xavier and another man. His gaze was piercing as usual as his sat there with a cold aura.

His phone beeped and he check his message. It was from Jameson...
___

Natalie face was serious while making a call with Vortex. She had left the hall in order not to be heard.

"She's here. Why is she here and how the fuck did she get to be here?" Natalie asked Vortex over phone.

"She is an employee at the Gonzalez cooperation"

"What!!" Natalie eyes widened. "How did she manage to get in? What kind of string did she pull?" She asked.

"I don't know but we are definitely going to get her tonight. My men are in the hall too. We've spot the man you said hurt Kelvin, we'll have to clear him first.. you'll have to do something too"

"What is it?" She asked.

Getting back to the hall, Natalie adjust herself. She had her mask on so Candy won't recognize her. She stared at Candy sitting beautifully among the crowd. She seems happy and that alone piss her off.

"Excuse me" Natalie called one of the waitress. Whispering something to her hear, the waitress eyes widened.

Before the waitress could speak, Natalie gave a card to her. The waitress nodded and her sight went straight to Candy.
____

Jameson washed his face with the running water in the restroom. Sighing he wiped the water off his face using a clean handkerchief.

He felt a presence behind him and quickly move out from his spot.

The strange man who had attacked him stabbed the air instead. Jameson sighed.

"Motherfucker" He muttered staring at the man covered in all black even his face.

He attacked Jameson again by swinging his knife towards his neck. Jameson dodge effortlessly, he jumped and send a kick to his face.

Before the strange man could recover, he swung the man down to the floor. Kicking the knife away, Jameson squat to look at him.

"Vortex men right?" Jameson's asked. "How dumb of him" A punch land on the man's face causing him to pass out.

"Candy" Jameson muttered and stood to leave but four hefty men came into the restroom at that moment. Their face hard and dangerous.

They locked the door behind and bought out their dagger.

"You've got to be kidding me" Jameson muttered.
___

Jackie knocked on a door lightly. She was dressed in a blue hoodie due to the cold whether. Taking a deep breath, she waited for the door to open.

A young guy opened the door, his eyes widened seeing her.

"Jackie!" He almost exclaimed.

"Hey" Jackie greeted.

"Long time no see. C'mon on in" He opened the door further for her to walk in. "How have you been?" He asked.

"Good" Jackie eyes scan the small room having gagets and papers all over. He is a computer freak, that mostly earn his money from hacking and tracing.

"So what can I offer you?" He asked.

"I need your help" Jackie said and he frowned. "It's pretty urgent" She added.

"What is it"

"I need to find my sister" Jackie said.

"I'm not surprised" He smiled. Jackie had always been very close to Candy.

"I'm just worried about her that's all" She explained.

"Alright, give me a minute" He said and sat before his computer.
___

"You alright?" Yazmine asked Candy seeing how her expression changed all of a sudden.

"Not at all, I just feel dizzy" Candy replied.

"Should we leave?"

"No, of course not"

"I should get you water then" Yazmine said and look around for a waiter or waitress but didn't see any. "I'll be right back" She said standing up.

Candy held her stomach and her face squeeze as if she was in pain. She stood and went to find the restroom.

Meanwhile, Yazmine return with a glass of water but didn't see Candy. Frowning, she suddenly bumped onto a man, the water spilled all over her dress.

Yazmine shot a glare at the man whose face was covered with a mask.

"You should look where you're going" She snapped.

"I'm sorry miss" The man apologized in a calm voice. She was actually the one at fault but he wasn't ready to argue with her.

Yazmine huffed, staring at her wet dress.

Meanwhile, Candy was on her way to the restroom when she saw a strange man coming from the end. She stopped her track and immediately knew he was here for her.

She turn to leave but saw two men.

Her drink was spiked by Natalie and was already affecting her. Her eyes was blur already and she couldn't hold it anymore.

The men grab her and she felt weak to even move.