Chapter 49: Crush

"This is my wife, Candy. Stress her out and you'll get fired"
___

Candy's face burn red, heat creeping up her cheek. The man just introduced her!! Before the whole company! Diego held her tiny waist and pulled her close.

"Don't make feel uncomfortable and treat my wife well"

'This is crazy!' Candy screamed inwardly. She tried pulling herself away from Diego but the man drew her closer and stepped away from the employees with her.

Jameson who saw the scene slowly turn and left the place.

Candy literally keep her gaze through out their way, with no idea of where the man was leading her to.

As Diego shut Candy's office door, he look down at little woman, whose cheek was burning red.

"Are you okay? You're all red" He stated, snapping her back to reality.

"Huh?" She looked up to him and blinked. "I'm.. I'm fine"

Composing herself, she shot a glare at him.

"What was that?"

"What?"

"I told you I'm not ready" She said, the man calm face turn back to a cold one.

"What do you mean, not ready?"

"You haven't given me an answer. Why do you want me?" Her question made him speechless.

"Just come back home Candy" his voice soften, lacing with plead. She wanted to give in but no.. not yet.

"Fine, let's start all over. Go on a date with me"

Candy's eyes widened. "Huh?"

"I haven't been a gentleman to you all these while so let's go on a date. Let me treat you right. I'll do whatever you want"

After a while of silence, Candy finally nodded. "Okay"

His lips crept into a smile shocking Candy. Gosh it was so beautiful. Before she could blink, the man kissed her forehead lightly. Her cheek burn again.

"We'll be off by 5pm" Diego said and left the office.

Candy's hand slowly went for her chest and held it. Her heart was beating like crazy. He smiled, introduced her to everyone, asked her on a date and kissed her forehead!

"Hello everyone, this is my wife, Candy. Stress her out and you'll get fired" She repeated Diego's words and burst into laughter. Now that she thinks of it, she really love the introduction.
____

Carl walked in and found Jackie staring at her phone like she had been doing all day. He sighed knowing what was wrong with her.

"Are you going to keep acting this way because of him?" He asked lightly but the girl didn't reply.

"I bought chicken" he announced but she still didn't move. Normally she would have jumped up from the bed.

Sighing, Carl walked up to her and took the phone.

"Hey!" She snapped.

"Sickle cell anemia? Is that what is..."

Jackie snatched the phone away from him before he could finish.

"Mind your business" she glared.

"You shouldn't be this worried, you crush will be fine" Carl assured.

"Fine? He once passed out while driving almost causing accident. He should let his boss know he can't do dangerous job or it will endanger him" She said.

"It's his choice Jackie, you can't force him. He must have a reason for keeping it in" Carl stated.

"I have to tell others" Jackie sighed.

"Hey he might hate you for this. You should respect his decision" Carl said.

"But.." Jackie throw her back on the bed. "I can't help it"

She recalled his harsh words on her during the trip. 'Don't push it Jackie, or might hate you'

"Then you mustn't have seen the news about your sister" Carl stated and Jackie's frowned.

"What happened to her?" She asked.

"Just check the news"

When Jackie saw the lastest news, her eyes widened like it was going to pop out if its socket soon.

"What!"
____

"You came into the company with Aiden and you left last night. Is it what I'm thinking?" Candy eyes squinted.

"No it's not. The rain made me stay out last night"

"You really didn't answer the question. You slept at Aiden's" Candy guessed right and Yazmine choked on her coffee.

"Please don't tell anyone especially James" Yazmine quickly whispered and Candy gasped.

"I was right? Oh my" Candy eyes widened.

"Nothing happened okay? I never wanted to stay but the rain left me no choice" Yazmine whispered again, making sure Candy is the only one that could hear her.

"And..." Candy lifted her brow. Yazmine rolled her eyes knowing what she wanted to hear.

"Nothing happened alright. I went there to check up on him since he wasn't returning my text or calls. The rain forced me to stay.. nothing happened I swear" Yazmine said.

"Do you like him?" Candy's question made Yazmine choke again.

"Like? Of course not.. Aiden is like a younger brother"

"What? You think of him as a younger brother?"

"Yeah" Yazmine replied, not sure of her answer.

"By the way Mrs. Gonzalez, I heard the president finally introduced you to everyone. I can't believe missed that" Yazmine pouted.

"The whole employees kept staring at me. I feel uncomfortable. Not to talk of the media.. they are going to swallow me with questions" Candy complained.

"Boss only tell the company not the whole world yet. Beside, he'll protect you always" Yazmine said.
___

(3pm)

"It's a dress from Mr. President. You guys are going on a date?" Yazmine dropped a bag before Candy's table, her face brimming with joy.

"Really?" Candy stood up from the chair. She gasped when she opened the bag. It was a stunning red and beautiful, sure worthing millions. Her smile dropped instead, she does want out for a dinner or something.

Pulling out her phone, she made a call. Diego who was discussing with a partner, excuses himself.

"Hello wife" His deep voice made her heart skip a beat. The word 'wife' always manage to bring a smile on her face.

"You're not planning to have a dinner date with me are you?" She asked lightly.

"Huh? How did you know?" He sounded amused. Candy scoffed.

"You're so predictable"

"Hm, you sound like you don't want a dinner date" He said.

"How did you.."

"You're so predictable" He answered, and Candy chuckled. "Where do you think we should go?"

"Hmm.. I'll let you know soon" She replied.

After talking to each other for a while, the call ended.

"Are you sure you aren't talking to someone else?" Yazmine who had been listening the whole time asked.

"It's still him" Candy smiled.

"I'm jealous" Yazmine muttered.

"Aiden is there for you babe" After her word, Yazmine thew a file on her head.