Chapter 47: It sucks

"Ill break some of her bones too"
___

As Candy stepped forward, Venessa's eyes widened like that of the moon. The look on Candy's face shows she was really going to do it. Even her father couldn't help in this situation.

Venessa did the best thing she could think of.

"Stop Candy" She went on her knee, her eyes tearing up. "Don't kill me!"

Candy stopped her track and frowned. What is Venessa doing? She didn't mind this and still step forward.

This time, Mr. Henry stood before Candy, stopping her again.

"Will you like to join her?" She asked coldly.

"She said sorry" Mr. Henry said.

"No she didn't" Candy raised her brow. Mr. Henry swallowed then cast a glance over Diego standing from a distance. The man has a blank look on his face with both of his hands casually tucked into his pocket.

"You need to stop her" He said to Diego.

"You should have stop your daughter from saying shits about my wife. Should I handle her myself?" Diego asked. Mr. Henry immediately knew there was no way out.

"Move you're wasting my time" Candy warned.

Venessa took in a large breath.

"I'm sorry!" Her voice sounded from behind. They all turn their gaze to her.

'Fuck she apologized!' Candy grunt inwardly. She badly wish Venessa didn't, so as to teach her a lesson she'll never forget but seeing the lady swallowing that her so called pride made her anger faded away.

"See? She apologized" Mr. Henry said.

Candy scoffed. "Don't cross path with me ever again" she said, turning to leave the restaurant.

Mr. Henry faced Diego.

"I will never forget how you disrespect me Diego. Your father is sure going to be..."

"Shh" Diego shut him up calmly. "You're getting on my nerve"

"How could you have forgotten that I'm your father's childhood friends and that have contribute a lot to the Gonzalez company. Marrying my daughter can't be so hard, instead you went ahead to marry that..."

"Hey" Diego growled. "You're getting on my fucking nerves" he warned again. This time his voice was cold dripping with deadly aura. His gaze was cold and dark. Mr. Henry knew best to shut up.

Diego slowly turn his back and left the restaurant too.

"You'll regret this Diego. You and that little witch" Mr. Henry grip tighten.
____

"Candy" Diego called for the woman walking fast away from him in a fast pace.

"Candy" He called again. He took three long strides and caught up to her. Turning her around to face him, she immediately dropped her hand forcefully.

"Stop following me" She said coldly, Diego saw the tears in her eyes and he hated it.

"You're crying" He stated softly.

"Why are you worried about me? I told you not to act nice.. it suck" Her voice croaked, as the lock gaze. She was angry, he knew that. Seeing her tears, he wanted to go back and teach Venessa and her father another lesson. But he manage to suppress that urge.

Without a word, he lifted his hand to her face, slowly wiping her tears using his thumb.

Candy felt her heart fluttering at his gentle touch and stares. He was at it again, driving her mind crazy. Is he pretending again?

"I hate your tears" He muttered softly, causing her heart to skip a beat.

Lifting her hand up, Candy move his hands away.

"You hate my tears but had once caused it" She mumbled. "Don't worry about me"

Pulling out her phone, she called Yazmine who was very close. Diego didn't stop her. Like Jameson had told him to.

Yazmine appeared at the scene and greeted Diego. He told Yazmine to take care of her and watch them leave.

"Just a little bit more time" Diego muttered.
___

"Did he hurt you again?" Yazmine asked lightly as she drives them to her apartment.

"Not him. I just feel like I don't know what I'm doing" Candy mumbled. "I'm just ignoring the past and thinking everything is alright but it's not"

"Hey, you shouldn't think that way Candy. No one is alright, but we are trying to be... That's just human, we all have our pain but it's a choice for you not to let it control you" Yazmine stated, and Candy sighed.

"By the way, what happened back there?" Yazmine asked after a while of silence.

As Candy explained what happened, Yazmine halted the car immediately.

"What?! Why didn't you tell me sooner I could have gone back to the restaurant and shove her face in the damn toilet. How dare she say that!" Yazmine growled.

"It's fine, she apologized already. I just feel like she.."

"Don't complete that sentence Candy. Are you still blaming yourself about him? It was not your fault. He deserves the shit that came up right to him. And don't worry, I believe we'll have little ones running around you later on. You just have to believe and keep pushing" Yazmine's word relieved Candy a little.

After Candy fell asleep in the room, Yazmine couldn't. Her thought was occupied with Aiden.

"Is he alright?" She muttered, then decided to try calling him but he didn't answer.

"Gosh, I'm so anxious" Yazmine mumbled. Sparing Candy a glance, she stood up from the bed.
___

Yazmine eyes dart around the cold, dark street. She was dressed in a black shirt and trouser, comfortable enough to defend herself if something happens.

Getting to the apartment, she sighed. Deeply, she knew Aiden was the anonymous guy but still choose to play dumb.

Knocking on the door lightly, she heard no reply. She tried the same thing again, still no reply. Maybe he is not home.

She checked the time and saw it was 9:30. It was getting dark already, what was she thinking coming over here?

"Yazmine?" His familiar voice sounded from a distance. Turning her head to the direction, she saw Aiden walking towards her. The way he called her name, made her swallowed.

"What are you doing here?" He asked lightly. His eyes were a bit red which shows, his lack of sleep.

"I came to check on you. You aren't picking my calls or messages" She said.

"I left my phone inside while rushing to the hospital. Sorry. Let's go inside" He said, stepping to open the door.

"Oh, there's no need"

"It'll be raining soon" Aiden spoke and the sky roared after his word. "See?"

"Uhm.." She tried to speak but the man opened the door and stepped in leaving the door open for her. Yazmine stepped into the comfortable well furnished apartment. It exuded a calm and nice aura.

"Nice apartment" She complimented.

"Thanks" Aiden said preparing some juice for her.

"Aren't you going to ask how I got to find out about the place you live?" She asked.

"There's no need to pretend. I know you knew already" He said, handing a glass of juice to her as she sit on the couch. The rain started already.

Her heart began to pound hard, this is the first time she'll be staying in a guy's place, but for some reason, she felt comfortable around him.