Chapter 60: Tight spot

Candy's eyes were teared up already. Why does life have to be so cruel around the little boy. First was his dream taken away, second his mother being abused and lastly he was in danger.

"What happened to him? Please tell me he didn't die" Candy whispered, desperately to hear his answer. Diego's narration felt real as if he was present.

"After struggling and screaming for help, he got lucky when a woman whose husband was a fire fighter pass by. That was how he was saved" He concluded.

Candy breath out in relief. "That was intense, what happened next?"

"It's late already, sleep" He kissed her forehead.

"But what about the remaining part. I really want to know what happened to the boy" She pouted. The man kissed her lips muting her.

"I'll tell you everything later, it's late already" He said gently. Candy felt her tired eyes closing. She wrapped her arms around him tighter and slept off that way.

In a long while, Diego stayed motionless as he stared at the ceiling drowned in his own thought. He saw Candy was deeply asleep so he carefully got down from the bed and stepped out of the room.

Diego stood in a large room, staring at the beautiful city before him with his hands casually tucked into his pocket.

Soon, his phone rang, his eyes flickered with anger seeing who had called him. Swiping green, he waited for the person on the other side to speak.

"Son" His familiar voice made Diego's blood boils immediately.

"How have you been?" The voice asked but Diego stayed silent.

"I know you still hate to talk to me but..."

Diego cut the call before he could finish. Why the did he even call him in the first place?!!
____

As morning came, Candy and Diego was having breakfast. Diego was silent than usual.

"Is everything okay?" Candy asked.

"Hmm" Diego grunt in reply. His face shows he was thinking something.

"Something is wrong Di, I really appreciate if you share it" Candy insisted and Diego sighed.

"I just feel unsettled like something is wrong" Diego replied.

"Who is this feeling directing to?" Candy asked. She had experienced something like this before, mostly happens because of her dad.

"James" He mumbled, his phone rang afterward. Seeing Yazmine's names he picked it up.

"James is in trouble. Some assholes abducted him, his car seems to be hit and I think they hurt him so bad" Yazmine voice trembled over the phone.

The blood on Diego's face dried up. Who the hell attacked Jameson? He stood.

"I need to go" Diego said.

"What happened?"

"It's James but you don't have to worry, I'll be back before you know it. Don't leave the house okay?" He kissed her forehead and stormed out.
___

Yazmine kept striding around the road restlessly, her face contorted into fear. Jameson better be alright.

"Is the president on his way?" Aiden rushed to her asked.

"Yeah, he should be here soon" Yazmine replied.

"Jameson was not alone in the car.. there was someone else with him. They found a little blood and a necklace too" Aiden said and Yazmine frowned.

Diego's car appeared after that, his eyes widened seeing the sence. The police were busy taking picture of everything.. the thing that caught his attention the most was the blood on the street..

Jameson is bleeding..

"Boss, there was someone else was with him too" Yazmine informed.

Fuck!
____

Meanwhile Candy was restless at home. Could Jameson be in trouble? It's been a few minutes since Diego left.

Her phone buzz and she saw a strange number calling. She decided not to pick it. Almost immediately a message dropped.

'DON'T IGNORE, WE HAVE YOUR SISTER'

Candy's jaw dropped and she stood immediately..

"Jackie?" She muttered taking out her phone to call her.

Someone picked but it wasn't her sister.

"Do you want her alive? Get over here Candy. There are wild dogs ready to pounce on her. If you inform Diego, we'll know.. cus your phone is hacked already" Came a male voice.

"I don't believing you" Candy muttered gripping the table tight. After a while of silence the voice spoke again.

"I've sent you video" The person said.

Candy saw the video they had sent and played it. Jackie was before three huge wild dogs barking and sneering at her. Jackie was trembling in fear, her eyes shut.

"What the fuck do you want?" Candy asked.

"Just come over, we have business with you. Come alone and I'll advice you not to dare us. Your sister's life is on the line"

When the call end, Candy immediately dive into a deep thought.
____

Within an hour, Diego finally got Jameson's location. He entered his car immediately and began to drive there of course he had a plan..

But as he reached half of the road, a strange call came in.. he knew the call is from those who did this.

"Hello Diego" The familiar voice of Mr. Henry sounded.

"Helping Vito wasn't enough and now you're joining hand with the little bitch.. tssk.. just consider yourself dead Henry"

"You were the one who dared me first because of that little wife of yours. And then you pressured my company. I won't sit back and watch a brat like you go scot free, even your father never dared me. You think that little title 'Billionaire Devil' suits you? How about you show me the thing you're made of Diego... While your beautiful wife is here with me."

A screech sound could be heard as Diego suddenly pulled over.

He has Candy? Wait.. does that mean the person with Jameson was Jackie? That is the only explanation, Diego could bring up.

"Don't touch my wife" Diego warned coldly.

"Your friend James, is bleeding a lot, sorrounded by my men"

In an unknown place sat Candy with her hand handcuffed behind her back. Her face cold as ice. Mr. Henry walked towards Candy holding up her chin.

"I've touched her already.. well gentle for now. Three men are behind her ready to tear her apart. Both poor souls only have 15 minutes to live" Mr. Henry spoke. He gave Candy a smile.

Meanwhile Candy gaze at him with and unreadable expression..

Diego gripped the wheel tight. His head spin in anger. Fuck!!

"So who would it be Diego Gonzalez.. YOUR FRIEND OR YOUR WIFE"
___

Meanwhile Hannah sat elegantly in her office as she stared at the screen before her. She took a sip from her cup of coffee and smirked..

"Let's see how you handle this, Diego"....