Two

"Y/n how the hell you gone take the last slice of bacon!" Quincy yelled.

"Ok, firstly I'm right here," I gestured between us. " You don't have to yell," I took a bite of the bacon. "And secondly daddy always gets the final piece." I winked as I finished off the bacon.

"Daddy always gets the final piece," he mocked me. "Shut the fuck up." I rolled my eyes. "So when are we leaving for the party?"

"It starts at 8 but we'll get there at 8:30 because we're special." I popped my nonexistent collar.

He laughed. "Headass, but I feel you," Quincy got up and put his plate in the sink. "Let's get serious for a second," he turned to look at me. "Are you still going to visit your mom and brother?"

Dammit, I hated going home and seeing the new bruises my mom had on her. But then again I missed them and nothing... nobody was going to stop me from seeing them.

"Yeah I have to," I looked down at my plate. "It's been a month."

Quincy came over and sat next to me. "You're probably the strongest person I know Y/n," he rubbed my back. "Just remember that I'm always here and I love you okay?"

I nodded and hugged him. "Yeah, I love you too."

He pulled away and smiled. "No homo though."

I laughed shaking my head and standing up. "Of course you go and ruin the moment."

"I just wanted to make sure you didn't get the wrong idea." He said.

I started towards the stairs. "Yeah yeah, I'm gonna go get ready to head out."

"Uh uh come back here and clean up your mess!" Quincy yelled.

"Huh? Can't hear you I'm already upstairs!" I yelled.

"Hoe." He grumbled.

-

I pulled up to my mom's house and killed the engine.

This house has been owned by about 5 generations of my mom's side of the family so it was pretty run down. The grass was dead and the brown tiles that were once white were falling off. I sighed getting out of the car hearing a dog barking in the distance.

I slowly walked up to the door and knocked. It was thrown open and a small pair of arms were instantly wrapped around my waist.

"Y/n! I missed you," my little brother Travis exclaimed. "It's so boring when you're not here!" He looked up at me and held a big smile that's missing a couple of teeth.

Travis is 8 years old and he is my world. He's one of the only reasons I still smile every day.

"Hey snaggletooth I missed you too," I smiled and ruffled his hair. "Where's mom?"

He let me go and grabbed my hand pulling me into the house."She's in the kitchen we were doing my homework."

We walked into the kitchen and I saw my mom sitting at the table with a small smile on her face.

She had a bruise on her jaw and a busted lip.

That shits gets to me every time. But I know better than to bring it up, especially in front of Travis.

She walked over to me and held my cheeks. "I feel like I haven't seen you in forever."

I chuckled and pulled her into a hug. "It hasn't been that long."