Eighty eight

I yawned as I walked into Jasmine's house. A smile instantly spread onto my face as I heard my song 'Trust' blasting through the house.

I walked further into the house to see Jasmine dancing around the kitchen as she cleaned.

"HOOD FAME EVERYBODY KNOW MY NAME WHEN I COME THROUGH!" She sang- well yelled along. "BUT DONT NOBODY SCREAM IT LIKE YOU! I WAS HAVING VISIONS WITH YOU-" She spun around with the broom in her hand and jumped when she saw me. She blushed and instantly grabbed her phone pausing the song.

"Second time I caught you lacking because of your blasting music," I chuckled walking towards the island and sitting. "I won't lie though I'm flattered your singing my song."

She shrugged. "Well, of course, I'm your biggest fan." I smiled as she grabbed the dustpan. "I forgot to ask you something last night."

"Yeah?"

She walked over to the garbage can and dumped the trash. "Which song was about me?"

I raised a brow.

"You said one of the songs was about me so which one was it?"

I chuckled and clicked my tongue. "Maybe, possibly, sorta all of them."

She gasped as she sat across from me. "Even 'Trust'?!"

I laughed and nodded. "Don't get flattered those are all old slightly tweaked songs."

"You were writing like that back then?!" She swooned. "If you weren't you, I would totally fall in love."

"Rightttt."

She chuckled and rested her chin on her palm. "Why are you here so early? The twins aren't back yet."

I shrugged. "Maybe I just wanted to spend time with you."

She raised a brow not believing me.

I chuckled. "Look, we're both moving on right?"

She nodded. "Right?"

"Well, I want my woman best friend back. I need a girl to talk to about relationships."

She hummed and looked down at the island. "Anddd what if I wanted to sabotage you."

"You wouldn't do that."

She looked up at me and nodded slightly. "Your right, go ahead. I'm guessing you want advice about Vanessa?"

I nodded. "I'm going to ask her to be my girlfriend today."

Jasmine's mouth gaped open and her eyebrows frowned as she stared at me.

I gulped and shifted under her stare not liking the look she was giving me. "Jazzy?"

She blinked and shook her head before chuckling softly. "Wow."

"What?"

"You know um...I've played you saying that in my head a thousand times before and to finally hear you say it..." She looked up at me and shook her head putting on a fake smile. "What do you need advice on?"

I bit my lip. "Ummm...I-I just want it to be special I guess? I like to think I'm pretty romantic or whatever but, I'm drawing blanks on how I should ask her."

She nodded and hummed. "Personally, asking someone to be your girlfriend shouldn't have to be spectacular or anything. Um, if it were me I would just want you to say a few sweet sentences and then you would ask me to be your girlfriend. We wouldn't have to go on a date or anything."

I nodded. "Well, I already know that, we've talked about how you would want to be asked- even asked to be married, a long time ago."

She squinted. "No way you remember what I said about getting proposed to."