Forty eight

"Hey." Summer smiled nervously.

I shook my head and gulped. "Why are you- I thought-"

"Y/n come and get-" Jasmine cut herself off and stopped behind me. I glanced at her over my shoulder and saw her eyes go wide. Frowning, she snaked one arm around my waist from behind and pulled me into her. "Why are you here?"

Summer glanced down at Jasmine's arm and cleared her throat before looking back at me. "Um, Vanessa told me she was staying with you and I decided to come home early and surprise her."

I nodded and ran my eyes over her body. She looked...amazing in that simple black sweater...Wait. "Is that my sweater?"

Her eyes widened and she blushed wrapping her arms around herself. "Oh, this is yours? I was wondering how it got in my bag because I totally didn't..." she trailed off and cleared her throat once more. "Is Vanessa here?"

I smiled softly and grabbed Jasmine's arm, unwrapping it from around my waist, and intertwining our fingers. "Yeah um-"

"J, Quincy is still talking shit about- Summer?" She frowned her eyebrows and then scoffed before quickly jumping into Summer's arms. "Why the hell are you back so early?" She whispered in her ear.

"Let's leave these two alone." Jasmine said pulling me back into the living room.

I bit my lip and sat next to Quincy pulling Jasmine down onto my lap. I buried my face into her neck and sighed.

"Who killed her dog- wait her dog is my dog um, why does she look like she just lost her best friend... Wait I'm her best friend." He frowned.

"Ha, think again." Jasmine said running her hands through my hair.

I smacked my lips. "I don't like either one of you hoes."

Both Quincy and Jasmine hit me at the same time. "Anyway, fucking Summers back."

He gasped. "Really? Oh my God, this is like a telenovela. You get your second best friend pregnant after the girl you had feelings for dumped your ass and left, only for you to get closer to her best friend and realize that your in love with her, now when your finally thinking of choosing one of the girls, dun dun dun, the girl who broke your heart comes back."

Jasmine frowned down at me. "Choosing one of the girls- wait so your actually in love with V?"

I stared at Quincy who snickered and stood up. "Oh I think Dog is calling me byeee," he quickly walked out of the living room. "Oh hey Summer, maybe you and Vanessa should go talk in the living room."

Fucking asshole.

"Y/n."

I looked up at Jasmine and raised a brow. "Yes Jazzy?"

She rolled her eyes. "Are you in love with Vanessa?"

I sighed and looked down. "I think I am but, that doesn't matter."

"Why doesn't it?"

"Because it just doesn't, too much shit is going on and honestly at this point I don't know who or what I want." I laid my head back onto the couch.

"Am I um- um one of the people you could possibly want?"

I closed my eyes and nodded. "Of course you are."

And now she's going to run away.

"Oh, I'm sorry were you two-"

"No, I was actually just leaving," I felt Jasmine get off of my lap and I snapped my eyes open. "I'll call you tomorrow Y/n."