Forty four

Vanessa's POV

I threw the door open and jumped into her arms.

"Shit Nessa your-" I looked up to see Y/n looking over my shoulder. "Okay," she slowly lead me into the living room closing the front door behind her. "What happened?"

I looked up at her and my eyes started to water. "I-I don't know, I just couldn't control myself," I shook my head looking down. "H-He's tried to rape me before but S-Summer was here and she wasn't this time so I panicked and I just couldn't..."

She clenched her jaw and lifted my head. "He-" letting out a deep breath she sighed. "We need to call the cops-"

"No!" I jumped and backed away from her. "Nobody can know what I did Y/n."

"You won't get in trouble I swear, it was self defense and-"

"You don't understand," my breathing became heavier. "David's dad will literally kill me if he finds out what I did. Fuck and now I brought you into this which means-"

"Nessa, baby-"

"He'll probably be coming after-"

Baby?

My eyes widened. "Your having a baby," I shook my head. "You need to go, I'm sorry I called but you shouldn't be involved-"

Y/n rushed over to me and pulled me into her arms. "Don't try and push me away now," she kissed my forehead which instantly caused my body to relax. "I still don't know exactly what's going on but, we can talk about that later," she leaned back and nodded towards the kitchen. "As of right we need to call the cops."

I shook my head and tried to push her away. "No his dad will-"

"Nessa- Hey," she cupped my cheeks. "Don't worry about his damn dad, I'll protect you now let's call-"

"You don't get it," I pushed her away. "You wouldn't get it Y/n, you don't understand that I'm trying to protect you and make sure your okay which means you shouldn't get involved with this fucking mess, I'm sorry I called I just panicked and you were the first person I thought of."

"I'm getting tired of people trying to protect me," she rolled her eyes. "I love the fact that you care about me enough to go through this on your own but, I hate the fact that you don't think I can help."

"It's not that I don't think you can help," I sniffed. "I'm just afraid of what'll happen if you do help."

"And I'm afraid of what'll happen to you if you don't let me help."

I sighed closing my eyes as she gently ran her thumb over my jaw. "Y/n-"

"I'm helping, plus I'm already here you can't just expect me to leave."

I met her eyes and swallowed deeply. "Okay, we can call the cops and go from there."

I rested my head on her shoulder as my adrenaline ran out. My ribs started to burn and so did just about every other part of my body.

She walked me over to the couch and sat me down. "Okay let me call them and then," she ran her eyes over my body. "Please tell me the only bruises you have are the ones on your face."

I shook my head as my lip started to tremble. Slowly lifting my shirt I showed her my bruised up stomach.

"Shit mama," she slowly reached out to touch my stomach and I flinched. "Sorry I won't touch you."

I looked down feeling ashamed. I really don't even want her to look at me anymore. Rolling my shirt back down I shook my head and crossed my arms. "Don't apologize, let's just call them yeah?"