Seventy eight

3rd POV

Jasmine laughed as Eric smiled down at her. He was mesmerized by her beauty and, he was happy to have a chance with her.

Jasmine shook her head. "You're an idiot."

"Thank you."

It was now about an hour into the party and Jasmine had to admit, she was having a great time with Eric.

The lights dimmed and slow music began to play. Eric took this as his chance and held his hand out.

"Can I have this dance with you three?"

Jasmine chuckled and took his hand. "Yes you can."

They both walked to the open floor. Eric wrapped his arms around her waist and Jasmine wrapped hers around his neck.

They began to sway to the beat as Jasmine rested her head on his chest. She clenched her eyes shut as she got lost in her thoughts.

Come on Jasmine, you have to feel something for him. She clenched her jaw as he pulled her closer despite her stomach. He rested his chin on the top of her head as she sighed softly...she felt nothing.

What I'm doing isn't fair, she thought, I can't keep doing this to him...

She looked up at Eric as he frowned and looked down at her.

...but she wanted to avoid hurting him for as long as she could.

Jasmine shook her head. "Um, what's wrong?"

Eric sighed as they stopped swaying. "Listen Jasmine, we've been talking for about three months now and I know it hasn't been that long but I-"

Jasmine's heart dropped as he looked at her with adornment. "I-I hope you're not proposing."

He quickly shook his head. "No no, I haven't even told you I love you yet."

Thank God.

She let out a sigh of relief. "Right."

He nodded and gulped. "T-That's why I wanna tell you now."

Shit

"What?"

He sighed and dropped his hands. "Jasmine your awesome, beautiful, funny, your just overall perfect. I'm tired of being friends that occasionally make out I...I need you to know that I love-"

"Eric don't-"

"I love you."

There it was...Jasmine fucked up and she couldn't help but feel like shit. She led him on, something she swore never to do to anyone after it happened to her yet, here she was.

She felt like crying, maybe from the hormones, or maybe because she knows what it feels like to be used.

Eric grabbed Jasmine's hand shaking her out of her thoughts. Jasmine's heart started to race as butterflies spread through her stomach but...not because he was touching her.

Jasmine's eyes connected with Y/n's and she smiled softly before throwing Jasmine a wink.

She shook her head and pulled her hand away from Eric. "I'm sorry I can't."

Eric frowned as he felt his heart crack. "What?"

Jasmine sighed looking down. "I'm so sorry for using you. I shouldn't have, I know that but, I did and now there's no turning back."