Seventy six

Summer's POV

"Can you...me."

I frowned as a sharp pain shot through my chest.

"...you hear me?"

I slowly blinked my eyes opened and came face to face with some random man.

"Hey Summer, how are you feeling?"

"I-I'm fine?"

"Good, I'm Dr. Hound."

"Nice to um..."

What happened?

"Did I..."

"Have a heart attack? Yes."

"Of course I did."

He hummed. "I was looking through your files and, this is your fourth heart attack this year."

Less than last year.

"That's pretty serious and it looks like your disease is getting worse."

I sighed. "I um, I don't want to seem like an asshole but can you tell me all of this later?"

He smiled softly and nodded. "Of course, would you like me to send in your family?"

I quickly nodded. "Yes please."

"Alright, hang tight."

He sat down his clipboard and started out of the room. I sat up slowly and rolled my eyes as I looked at the IV in my arm.

So much for feeling better.

Ugh, I had a heart attack at the baby shower...that sucks. I know Vanessa is pissed and now I probably have to explain what happened to...

Shit.

To Y/n.

Here I was trying to keep it a secret but of course, my stupid heart had to fail me again.

There was a knock at the door and I took in a deep breath. "Come in."

The door slowly pushed open and in walked Y/n with a carton of ice cream and a pack of Oreos.

I smiled softly as she closed the door behind her and walked towards the bed.

"Hi." She whispered.

"Hey."

She sighed and sat in the chair next to my bed before putting the snacks down on a table.

"So?" She raised a brow. "The fuck was that?"

I huffed and looked down at my lap. "Alright, I guess the cats out of the bag."

She nodded. "A fucking zoo came out of that bag."

I chuckled and instantly regretted it as another pain shot through my chest.