Ninety two

😩 I'm trying not to say fuck it and upload all the chapters so I'm just going to double update again...

For me not y'all.

-

Vanessa's POV

I yawned and laid my head on Summer's shoulder. "You know," I rubbed my eyes and looked up at her. "If they want to make sure your heart is okay then they should let you sleep until at least twelve."

She chuckled and rolled her eyes. "Nes, it's ten right now. That's not early at all."

"It is for me." I mumbled.

She shook her head. "Well go back to sleep, it'll be a minute before it's time for my surgery."

I looked around the hospital room before huffing. Shifting on the bed, I sat up and looked at Summer. "I have too much on my mind."

She looked over at me. "Like?"

"I don't know, I just feel like she's hiding something from me."

Summer hummed. "Why do you think that?"

I shrugged. "She's been acting weird for the past week, like she's scared or something."

She hummed again. "Remind you of anyone?"

I rolled my eyes. "Not at all."

She chuckled slightly and nodded. "Well, what do you think it is?"

"Honestly? Either she cheated or she fell out of love with me."

"Which do you prefer?"

Good question.

"Maybe cheating because...No Summer neither, I don't want neither of them to be true."

"Well maybe one of them is, what will you do?"

"Depends on how I'm feeling that day and how long ago it happened."

She hummed once more.

I chuckled looking at her. "Stoppp."

She raised a brow and smiled slightly. "Stop what?"

"Humming, I feel like your judging me."

"Maybe I am."

I squinted and she squinted back as we basically had a staring contest. As I continued to look at her I couldn't help but run my eyes over her face.

What?

Why haven't I noticed how pale she looks, or how skinny she's gotten? I trailed my eyes down her neck and realized that her collarbones were poking out.

Summer pulled up her gown causing me to snap out of it.

She cleared her throat and looked down. "Well, now you're making me feel like I'm being judged."

I shook my head and reached out grabbing the hand that was clenching her shirt. "Your getting worse?"

She sighed and slowly looked up at me. "It's just the new medicine, makes me lose my appetite."

I scoffed. "Don't fucking bullshit me Summer."

"Okay yes, I'm getting worse but, after this surgery, I should be back to normal."

I scoffed. "Normal? Right, since when is normal popping pills every day in fear that your heart might fucking stop."

She frowned slightly. "Well, thanks for making me feel like shit."

I sighed. "I didn't mean it like- Look I just need you to keep your promise. If your feeling shitty please immediately tell me."

She chuckled and nodded. "Yes, ma'am."