Chapter 213 - 214

Chapter 213 The first welfare payment [first update]

For two days in a row, Commander Zhen and Governor Shen Xing took leave and did not go to work. The village chief reminded them that work points would be deducted if they took too many leaves. Zhen Shuai said that you should follow the rules. The village chief understood what he meant. He and Shen Xingdu probably had money, so they didn't care about these work points. They would probably use the money to buy rations in the future.

After breakfast, Zhen Shuai and Shen Xingdu went to the river to wash clothes and sheets. Each of them grabbed one end of the sheet and squeezed the water in the opposite direction.

Not far away, several women were also washing clothes, whispering that these two educated youths were quite diligent.

"Handsome brother, brother Shen, someone is looking for you!" A little girl of eight or nine years old ran over and shouted.

"Hahahaha!"

Several women looked at Zhen Shuai and laughed.

Zhen Shuai doesn't even blush when someone calls him "handsome brother". It is a fact that he is handsome, and this title is worthy of his name, and no matter he is called "Brother Zhen" or "Brother Handsome", people will laugh. He was just surprised that he and Shen Xingdu didn't know many people here, and none of their so-called relatives or family members could come to see them.

He shook off the water on his hand, took out a candy from his pocket and gave it to the little girl, "Who's looking for us?" "

Here!" The little girl grabbed the candy and pointed at the man and woman walking this way.

Several women looked at the visitor curiously.

"It's you." Zhen Shuai recognized the girl as the one he rescued on the mountain last time.

The young man next to her was in his mid-twenties, tall, wearing glasses and a neat tunic suit. He was very polite. He glanced at Commander Zhen and Governor Shen Xing in a covert way, returning to peace.

The girl smiled lightly and said, "Excuse me."

Zhen Shuai looked at the clothes in the basket and said, "Please wait a moment, we'll rinse these two clothes." The girl said hurriedly: "It's okay, don't worry.

"

Shen The governor put the dried sheets into the basket, and he and Zhen Shuai rinsed the other two pieces of clothing in the river.

An aunt kept staring at the bag in the man's hand.

"Zhen Zhiqing, who are they?" Another aunt kept looking at the visitor, "Could it be you or Shen Zhiqing-" Zhen Shuai quickly interrupted her, "They are friends

. , come and see us."

He was afraid of the women's gossip, so he quickly picked up the basket and left.

Shen Xingdu took the basket and glanced at the women lightly.

When several people looked at him like this with his unruffled eyes, they felt frightened, shrank their necks, and quickly turned their heads to pretend to concentrate on washing the clothes.

After returning home, Zhen Shuai locked the courtyard door to block prying eyes from outside.

"Please sit down, you two. I'm sorry for neglecting you." He poured two cups of hot water for the two guests.

Shen Xingdu was drying clothes in the yard and heard all the sounds inside.

"We have taken the liberty to disturb you. I haven't introduced myself yet. I am Xie Huiru, an educated youth from Taohua Village. Thank you very much for your help last time." The girl bowed to Zhen Shuai.