Chapter 217 - 218

Chapter 217 Little Squirrel Gives Treasures [First update]

The village chief couldn't help laughing, "You boy, it's good if you can kill one, but you want to kill two - okay, if you can really kill two wild boars, I will recommend you and Shen Zhiqing to join the militia. In the future, as long as you Just be responsible for the security of the village, you don't have to work in the fields." He had always been looking for opportunities to subsidize Commander Zhen and Governor Shen, and this was a good opportunity. This is not considered favoritism, because Zhen Shuai and Shen Xingdu can kill wild boars, which shows that both of them have a lot of strength. The most basic requirement for joining the militia is that you must be strong, so that you can be of great help when solving some problems.

At this time, the male educated youths could not hide their jealousy towards Zhen Shuai and Shen Xingdu. It was unheard of for educated youth to join the militia. Although there were no rules and regulations that stipulated that educated youth could not join the militia, it was a common practice. Because all educated youths are city dwellers, and it is difficult for city dwellers to integrate into the villagers, the village has never considered admitting educated youths into the militia. What's more, the militia has usually formed a fixed team before the educated youths arrived. If there are no extra places, the educated youths have no chance to join. Even if there are extra places, the village will definitely give priority to people from the village. But Zhen Shuai and Shen Xingdu did it easily. During this period of labor, the educated youths are well aware of the hard work of working in the fields. Being able to stop working in the fields is the happiest thing for them, and it is something they have always imagined. Can they not be jealous of Zhen Shuai and Shen Xingdu? But can they say that the village chief is unfair? cannot. Zhen Shuai and Shen Xingdu first controlled the crazy buffalo, and then shot a big wild boar to share with everyone... They brought benefits to the village, and it's no wonder that the village chief thought of them first when he had good things to do.

The villagers had no objection to the village chief's words. It was just two less people working, and there was no direct loss to them. What they were thinking more about was whether Zhen Shuai and Shen Xingdu could hit the wild boar this time. If we can really catch two wild boars, we will definitely not cook them and eat them together like last time. Instead, we will distribute them to the villagers according to their heads. Each household can get a lot!

Zhen Shuai did not expect the unexpected surprise, and smiled with crooked eyebrows, "Village Chief, do you mean what you say?"

Liu Lingling tried her best to suppress her excitement. If Zhen Shuai joins the militia, the village chief's nephew will not dare to provoke her.

The village chief raised his voice, "Of course! Can I tell lies in front of so many people?"

Zhen Shuai shouted "Village Chief Mighty" in a funny voice, "Let's go up the mountain now!"

The villagers watched the two people leave. The conversation became more lively, and this time the topic turned to wild boar.

Zhen Shuai and Shen Xingdu went home, took their hatchets and baskets and went up the mountain.

Autumn has a unique charm. The clouds are light, the wind is light, and the blue of the sky is lighter than usual, revealing a leisurely mood. The trees and weeds have turned yellow, and there is a layer of fallen leaves on the ground, making a rustling sound when stepped on.

The two of them had a whole day to walk slowly into the mountain.

Zhen Shuai saw a bunch of wild grapes, with pellets about the size of broad beans hanging side by side on the vine. They were so purple and black that they were very attractive.