male esmeralda x chubby best friend reader

Esmeraldo had been best friend for the longest time, you had been born a gypsy as well. You mostly spent your time, selling or making items. While Esmeraldo danced and did tricks for money, he let you stay in the same tent as him after your mother had passed away. You and Esmeraldo were that the festival of fools, you are hoping nothing bad will happen today.

Esmeraldo " hey y/n would you love to help me preform "

Y/n " no I'm okay you go ahead I will watch you from the crowd "

Esmeraldo " okay well I will see you soon, but make sure to stay away from Claude frollo"

Y/n " sure " soon Esmeraldo performance had came to a end, you went over to his tent to see how he was doing. You soon had gotten stop by a few guards of frollos.

Guard 1 " where are you going "

Y/n " back to the gypsy camps you dear lord hates to much "

Guard 2" you better get there and don't cause any trouble "

Y/n " sure " you push pass them and head off you Esmeraldo tent. You saw him taking with a few girls, and that when you knew you had not chance with him. You had fallen in you with you best friend, but knew he would not love you back.

Esmeraldo " y/n there you are did you love the performance " Esmeraldo had left the group of girls and cane running towards you. He soon enough was standing right in front of you, holding a scarf in his hand:

Y/n " oh yes I loved it "

Esmeraldo " that good to hear and wait this is for you " Esmeraldo gave you the head scarf and warped it around your hair.

Y/n " where did you get this from "

Esmeraldo " I have been making it for you for a while, I have been learning from a few of the older women "

Y/n " aww I love it " soon some music started to play and Esmeraldo stared to dance with you , you were having a great time dancing with Esmeraldo. Everything was going well until screams and yelling rang into the crowd, the both of you stoped dancing and looked to see frollo and his men.

Frollo " take them all now " the guards went into the crowd of gypsy and started grabbing people. People did their best to run and hide but nothing worked out, soon everyone was capture and brought to the town squared and in-front it the church. There was a pile a fire woods that had a wooden cross in the middle, everyone was panic to see what was about it happen.

Esmeraldo " stand next to me y/n "

Y/n " okay " just then you and Esmeraldo were brought to the wood pile, you saw Esmeraldo being held down my some guards. You were soon tied to the wooden cross and you made eye contact with Esmeraldo.

Frollo " tell me your sins you gypsy boy before you friend dies for them "

Esmeraldo " leave her alone take me but don't hurt her I love her "

Frollo " a gypsy can't love anyone but the devil himself " frollo was now holding a torch that was on fire close to your feet.

Esmeraldo " no please don't "

Frollo " she must die for your sins and everyone else like you " just then he dropped the torch, and that when it happened you scream in pain and fear. While Esmeraldo was focus to watch you die right in front of him, the love of his life was gone.

Esmeraldo was later tossed in jail with everyone else, but the guards at locked him away by himself. Esmeraldo was sitting in the corner of cell crying and holding on to the scarf he gave you.

Esmeraldo " I will do anything to take to avenge you y/n and I will make frollo pay "