Revenge of the Sith | Part 2

You adjusted your focus back to your hands on the cable. You pulled yourself, slowly but surely, up the thin metal cable towards the pipes that lye beneath the city. And once one 'U' shaped pipe was within reach, you let go of the cable and grabbed onto the piping for dear life.

Your grapple under no tension quickly retracted back into your gauntlet. You stay there for a short moment, hanging onto the piping while you look down to the misty doom beneath you, pondering on what you just witnessed, and what you were a part of.

You silently cried, letting a few frail tears slip from your eyes. Never have you wanted to feel the embrace of Ahsoka so badly. But you made sure to carry on. You wiped your tear covered face and reached your left hand out, grasping onto another pipe. You continued doing this, switching from pipe to pipe until you reached the edge of the hanging city.

The side of the city was made of flat, cream colored metal paneling. So, you had to be very precise and focused to fit your fingers in the gaps between them. Very carefully you started to scale the side of the city, your fingers holding your entire body weight while your feet slide against the metal seeking for grip.

The quick and tough task was complete when your left hand was able to grasp the top and pull yourself up onto the ground. Once you stood up, you turned your head in the direction of where you heard and smelt the familiar scents of smoke. And there in front of you, barely visible, was your master's destroyed fighter, engulfed in flames.

"Master!" You yelped and ran towards the wreckage which sat upon the rooftops of the buildings. 'Surely he may still be alive?' You questioned yourself, unsure if you thought with any logic or common sense.

You leaped onto the building where his fighter lay and assess the damage. The thick black smoke made it impossible for you to see the cockpit, but there weren't many flames. 'I should be alright.'

So, you inhaled a deep breath and jumped onto the shuttle wing where the smoke was pouring out from. Your helmet improved your vision, so making your way though the smoke you could see the outline of the cockpit, along with...your Master's...lifeless body.

You gripped the edge of the cockpit visor and pulled it is hard as you could, ripping it off the hinges and letting it fall off the ship. You quickly knelt down on the wing of the ship, leaning into the cockpit where you got a good look at your Master.

And there was no other way to put it, he was dead.

You gazed upon his body as the emotions began to well again. 'This could've been anyone. It could have been Anakin. It could've been me. It could've been Ahsoka.'

The severity of this sudden shift dawned upon you. 'Every Jedi was split up in the sieges. This could have killed everyone.' But the low hum of a few republic gunships snatched your attention away. You looked up though the smoke seeing 3 gunships, coming closer in for landing.

Panic began to brew, but you knew this might be your only chance to get off this planet. Your eyes darted back to your Master, and you looked down at his waist, where his lightsaber was.

Without hesitation you grabbed the hilt of your master's weapon and held onto it tightly. Meanwhile the hum of the gunships grew louder as they all came to land around you.

You decided you would stay in the smoke. The element of surprise will be your best bet to steal a ship.

"Cornwall, Siraj, go check and make sure the Jedi is dead. We'll go looking for Kryze." A clone barked quickly.

"Yes Captain."

You bit your tongue to suppress any sound you could make and just waited as silently as you could, while you heard the approaching footsteps of two clone troopers.