Chapter 25 | Yoda's News

You woke up tired and restless. You peer out your small window, eyeing the skyline of Coruscant wearing a coat of sunlight. Unfortunately, this was not a peaceful awakening. Your buzzing comm link on your countertop was what interrupted your short slumber.

Pulling it to you with the force, you answer the call. "(y/n) here."

"Good morning (y/n). I assume Ahsoka got you to your quarters with no trouble last night?" Your master questioned.

"Yep, no troubles." You popped.

"I'm glad you're feeling better. But my reason for calling this early is to inform you of a meeting you have with Master Yoda. He would like you to come to his quarters as soon as you can."

"J-Just me and him?" You stuttered.

"As far as I am aware." Your master replies. You wondered why Master Yoda would want to meet with you privately like this. With everything going on recently you assumed it would only be more bad news.

"Ok Master. I'm getting up now." You hesitantly informed your master, as well as pushing yourself to proceed with getting up. 'What could I be in store for?'

~

Straightening out your robes and stretching your arms to adjust to the early morning wake up, you arrive outside the door to Master Yoda's quarters, but you weren't alone.

"Good morning Anakin. Were you summoned by Master Yoda as well?" You asked curiously.

He silently nodded while he lent against the wall adjacent the door. "How are you (y/n)?" He asked with a hint of helplessness.

"I'm...ok? I guess."

"Ahsoka told me about you and Obi-wan's relationship." He plainly stated. "I promise you when I find him, you'll be the first to know." You tilted your head and narrowed your eyes at the Jedi Knight. 'Find him?'

"You think he's alive? I mean, I sensed him through our bond, but I'm nowhere near certain that he is still alive." You clarify passionately.

"Well yesterday, when I was hunting down Rako Hardeen, I felt a connection when he...started fighting me." He explained. "And now I am sure Obi-wan is still alive."

You stood there looking at him dumbfounded. 'How could this connection even come about?'

Anakin took notice of your position of confusion. "Let's just head inside." He remarks. The door slides open, and Anakin walks in with you following behind. Upon entering the room, the door behind closes and you look to see Master Yoda, pondering with his back to you while sitting on his meditation seat.

Anakin clears his throat. "You summoned us master?"

"Wrong to deceive you both, it was." Master Yoda comments while turning to face you. "But much at stake, there is."

Anakin breathes a sharp intake of breath. "So, I was right. Obi-wan is still alive!" He spits.

All master Yoda does is very slightly nod, gracefully shutting his eyelids.

The feeling of anxiety and fear dropped in the pit of your gut. Yes, you should feel happiness and assurance, but you felt uneasy and worried. The difficult reality was finally settling in your mind.

"(y/n) are you all right?" Anakin asks, grasping your arm as you noticed you had stumbled against the Grand master's wall.

"Yeah...yeah I'm fine." You manage to breathe.

"Skywalker, a powerful Jedi, you are. Yet, unpredictable, and dangerous, you can be."

"And (l/n)...Knew of your heritage previously, we did not. But clouded and full of doubt, your mind is. For Obi-wan's sake, interfere, you both must not." Master Yoda concluded.