Chapter 37 | Confession

"And that's when I remembered something." Ahsoka told you, as she lent back against the wall in bed, your right arm laying across her shoulders.

"I remembered that you and Pre Vizsla had a duel on Carlac. A duel that you won pretty quickly."

"I didn't know you saw that." You said timidly.

"I never had the courage to speak to you about it before, but now I do." Ahsoka sighed, looking into your eyes.

You cleared your throat as Ahsoka rested her head on your shoulder. "You know how my foster parents died, don't you?" You began, receiving a hum of agreement in response.

"Well, the people that were searching the building for me, I can only assume it was Deathwatch. When I heard Vizsla's voice when I went undercover I knew that I had heard it before." You explained. Ahsoka wrapped one arm around your back, now rubbing your opposite shoulder.

"When he said 'Pity you didn't have these skills all those years ago. You may have been able to save them.' I wanted nothing more than to kill him in that moment." You confessed.

"I tried to use force judgment...but I was obviously not in control of my emotions at the time." You breathed.

"I understand (y/n). It's not your fault at all. You were put in the worst situation, and he drew it out of you." Ahsoka whispered compassionately. You didn't think that Ahsoka would be this understanding.

"I didn't think you'd be so calm and understanding about this." You said honestly.

"Well, after what Padmé told me about herself and Anakin, my eyes opened, and what I realized was that what we are doing is very tough, and we need to be here to comfort and console one another, not keeping things secret or getting into arguments." She explained.

"What exactly did Padmé tell you?" You asked. Perhaps it would help you also, you thought.

Ahsoka took a long pause before she finally spoke. "You can't tell anyone about this, okay?"

"Of course." You replied.

"Anakin had a similar encounter to you. His mother died in his arms, when he went to free her from the sand people on Tatooine. He was too late. And so, as a result of this, Anakin killed the entire village, not leaving anyone alive." Ahsoka shivered, you heard her sniffle.

It was quite jarring to hear such a story about a usually friendly and upbeat Jedi. Though you knew what would've been going through his head, blaming himself, wanting to get revenge on those who took away the only important person from his childhood. You knew firsthand how hard it was to not seek revenge.

You heard Ahsoka sniffle again. "Everything alright Ahsoka?"

"I have training with Anakin today. I'm just a bit scared." She confesses, you feel the wetness of her tears land on the skin of your shoulder. You pull her closer into your embrace and rest your head on hers.

"Just take it slow, listen to what he has to say." You advised.

"But the last time I listened to what he had to say he told me to stop seeing you." She cried.

You quietly shushed her, placing a few kisses on her lekku. "Just promise me that you'll take it slow, have an open mind and let him speak." You said reassuringly. You felt her nod against your shoulder and you rested your head on hers once again.

You looked out of the small window, seeing the sun penetrating through the Coruscant skyline, something you'll never get tired of seeing. But it was well into morning now.

"Okay, I've got to get to training."

~

"Good morning (y/n)." Your Master greeted loudly as soon as you entered the training grounds.