Chapter 14 | Trouble with Deathwatch

You stood there in a fighting stance, your left wrist held high with you right hand over your left gauntlet, ready to launch a cable if the two were to move suddenly.

Ahsoka looked at you for a good few seconds with curiosity. It wasn't the same as the way she looked at all of the other soldiers.

It's beyond shocking to see her here. 'Why the hell would she be on Carlac of all places?'

Ahsoka's eyes darted away from you when one more jet pack was heard from behind her. "Hey Kid. You're late." Bo menaced, landing on the snow and pointing at the mysterious person that was with Ahsoka.

Bo approached them. "You get us what we need?"

"Yes, I have the information with me." He replied quickly.

"Who's this?" Bo asked unimpressed, looking at Ahsoka.

"Oh...I'm his...I'm his...betrothed." Ahsoka answered, obviously thinking up something to save her skin...right?

"Betrothed?" Bo pondered. She walked up to Ahsoka grabbing her chin and looking into her face. You felt your fists clench.

"Little skinny, isn't she?" Bo commented, slapping Ahsoka on her behind, sending her forward. You took one quick step forward, ready to pounce on Bo. But you were just able to stop yourself from interfering. Thankfully no one noticed.

The guy put himself between Ahsoka and Bo. "She serves her purpose." He remarked. You heard a beep coming from the direction of the ship, as you glance over you see R2, Anakin's droid. He was putting away two cylindrical shapes into his storage compartments. They kind of looked like Ahsoka's lightsabers.

"We leave now. The snow is coming." Bo announced. You heard the growing sound of a few speeders approaching so you walk to the side of the path to let them park. Around the tree came a land speeder, along with two speeder bikes.

"You coming?" You heard from a gruff voice behind you. It was the flame trooper Duke, talking with Ahsoka.

"Uh...I should stay with the ship." Ahsoka cheerfully replied.

"No no. You're coming too." Duke informed, whilst two others picked up R2. Ahsoka had to come, so she walked over to one of the speeder bikes which was being ridden by Pentou, and there was no chance you trusted Ahsoka with him.

You quickly jumped in front of Ahsoka. "Alright Pentou off the bike." You commanded harshly.

"Why?"

"You don't have the best track record on speeders, now do ya?"

"Bo-Katan let me drive it here." He stated proudly, like he had won the argument.

"Bo didn't expect the kid to bring his...girlfriend now did she? I'm perfectly fine with you killing yourself in a speeder accident, actually I'd be ecstatic. But I don't think the bosses will be happy if she dies. Will they Pentou?" You asserted confidently, towering over him.

He shrugged. "Ah fine, just take it Pax." He groaned and jumped off of the bike. You quickly sat on the seat and offered a hand to Ahsoka. Her expression was a little confused. She probably didn't think that she would be treated this way, you hope it's not too suspicious. You still want to keep your cover.

Ahsoka grabbed your gloved hand and stepped onto the speeder, wrapping her arms around your waist. 'I've missed this feeling...so goddamn much!'

The convoy head off and made the short trip back to base. When the group got back the other soldiers were just sitting around and shooting droids, the regular stuff. You hoped they weren't gonna do that to R2, Anakin and Ahsoka love that droid.