Chapter 63

4 months later

'It has been a very quiet time recently. The day after I rescued Ahsoka Barriss repaired her bug in my room. I had it on recording so it was a solid piece of evidence to know she was up to something. Wolffe found me a way into the GARHQ for in an inspection for around an hour. There I found a sergeants key card underneath the flooring, presumably used by Ahsoka in her escape. I found that it was owned by Sergeant Simmons and he mysteriously has no known trace of where he has been since that day, and currently that was the lead I'm following to tying the crimes to Barriss, that should be the last thing I need.'

'And...speaking of Ahsoka...it's been so tough not seeing her. As I promised every day off I would go to Dex's diner, with credits, clothes and I would always write a long note, and so did Ahsoka. So at least I always had something to look forward too knowing I would get to read a nice long letter from her. I hated not being with her, to hold her, to comfort her...but at least she was safe. I just hope all of this can end soon.'

Despite all of this which had to be kept secret, everything in the temple was awful, the mood of the temple switched when Ahsoka was executed, and no one has a clue that she is alive, apart from you and Rex. The only people you enjoy talking too know is Master Plo and Petro, and of course your father. You have tried your best to avoid Anakin at all costs, and he seems more unlike himself than you have ever seen him. 'I'm really worried about him.'

Currently you are in the senate building. You hadn't been here for a while and it was nice to not be surrounded by Jedi. There was a certain bill that needed to be passed with the approval of the Jedi order which you gave to the senate. Right now you sat on one of the balconies of the senate building, there was no one else around, and it was nice to just take in the somewhat fresh air, while just...thinking of her.

As you stare into the density of the Coruscant surface you feel someones presence behind you. You turn around are met with a familiar face that you were quite happy to see.

"Oh, hey Padmé. Long time, no see." you said in a cheerful tone. But her expression was the opposite, she looked at you with fear and caution.

"(y/n)...are you Ok?" She carefully questions.

"...I'm not...but...I should really start trying to get used to it." you admit. You hated lying to people, especially Padmé since she was just such a kind and lovely person.

"(y/n), it's Ok, you don't have to rush yourself to move on. You two were...something really special." Padmé consoles as she walks next to you and joins you in staring at the concrete jungle of Coruscant.

"Ani...he isn't doing too well. He hasn't felt like his normal self recently." you just respond with silence, wanting her to continue.

"I know that...losing Ahsoka would obviously hurt him and I wanted to be there for him...but he just pushes me away now. Says hes fine when he clearly isn't. I don't understand him." Padmé's voice now begins to shake and you look over to her to see her trembling, shaking while holding on to the railing of the balcony.

"I...I've been trying to tell him something...something important...but...but he won't let me. He hardly ever lets me speak." Her eyes begin to gloss up and her breathing becomes louder and quicker. This something important must be very important.

"Padmé, what is it?" you carefully ask letting your curiosity crack through. You instantly regret asking her that.

"(y/n)...I'm...I...I'm pregnant." Padmé utters. Instant shock makes its way on to your face as you stare at Padmé who slowly lets tears roll down her cheeks.

"I...I don't know what to do." She cried. She turned around and you embraced her in a welcoming hug.

"I don't think he will take it well. A child right now wouldn't go well...maybe...maybe I shouldn't have it."