Chapter 21 | The Funeral

You strangely awoke to the sound of Ahsoka's bedroom door opening, followed by a quick couple of footsteps of someone entering the room and standing at the foot of the bed.

"Ahsoka, we need to go they found..." The person who entered was Anakin, and upon seeing you beside Ahsoka, his obvious anger from the night before grew in intensity. "What the hell are you doing here!?" He gritted.

You gulped. "Anakin, n-nothing happened. I swear to you. I just sleep here." Anakin's gaze on you never broke.

"Master, what did they find?" Ahsoka questioned, trying to draw her masters attention towards herself. Anakin turned his head towards Ahsoka but his eyes still locked on yours. Eventually they made the flick over to Ahsoka.

"Master Yoda gave me the location of the sniper. We're going to get him now!" Anakin ordered.

"I'll be waiting in the landing bay by our speeders, be quick." Anakin demanded as he left the room, leaving the door open.

Ahsoka rolled out of your embrace and got out of bed. "Do you want to come?"

"No thank you. I think I'll keep out of Anakin's way." You replied without hesitation. Ahsoka nodded as she continued to pull her dress over her arms and body, finally clipping it at the back of her neck.

She attached her two hilts to her belt before turning to you and leaning over the bed. "Well, see ya. Love you." She placed a kiss on your cheek before walking back towards the open door.

"Love you too. Be safe." You told her. She sent you a small wave before the door slid closed and you were left back in the silence and darkness of the night. You figured Ahsoka could be a while so you decided to try and get as much rest as you could for tomorrow.

~

Ahsoka had come back in the morning to wake you up. Her and Anakin were able to arrest the sniper who killed Obi-wan which did give you some reassurance and comfort, knowing a dangerous killer is now behind bars.

Right now, the sun was setting on Coruscant. It peered straight into the halls of the temple as you walked with Ahsoka towards Obi-wan's resting place. You both wore robes, with the hood covering your head as a sign of respect. Funeral's at the temple were rather silent reflective from what you were told. There wasn't any scheduled speeches or eulogies.

You arrived at the location you were told, seeing the large group of all Jedi council members and many other masters waiting by the door. Padmé and Satine also stood there, sharing the grievance with each other. While Anakin stood by himself to the side, his hood was so far over you couldn't see his face.

After silently waiting with Ahsoka by your side, the door opened and everyone slowly flowed into the dimly-lit room. You stepped over to the Mandalorian Duchess, standing beside her as Obi-wan's covered body came into your view.

Soon, everything was silent. And all of those in the room reflected on the great man and Jedi Obi-wan was. You thought about the good memories with Obi-wan. Him teaching you basic lightsaber moves with Master Plo, the stories he told you about his and Anakin's adventures before the clone wars. And of course, the one that sat closest to your heart, the first time you saw him. When he found you sitting in that small hole in the floor, and him taking you in caring arms and bringing you to a place where you could live out your life. 'Goodbye Obi-wan' You said internally, finally accepting that his life had come to an end...and that he would no longer be partaking a role in yours.

His body lowered into the floor and was sealed shut by heavy concrete doors. A beam of yellow light shot up from the center of his grave, signally the end of the funeral.