Chapter 74 | Choices

'Don't do it (y/n)!' Ahsoka stressed through the force bond. You knew Ahsoka would never believe such a horrible truth...but she will either have to deal with you disagreeing with her...or possibly pay the price with her life.

"Tell me more...Maul." You muttered in a dark tone.

"There isn't much time, (y/n)." Maul hissed, growing impatient.

"You will give me...every last detail you can about Darth Sidious...and his plan." You declared, with such a passion for each word.

"I won't do that. Just...just come with me, and we can defeat Sidious before it becomes too late." Maul spat in a rushed voice.

"What do you expect to happen Maul?" You beckoned.

"Do you think that I will just, take your hand, fly back to Coruscant with you and roam around looking for him!?" You shouted. Maul subtly growled to himself and lowered his hand from your words.

"I have the power to save the Galaxy. To save everyone you know and your asking questions? So...analytical, just like your father." Maul hissed.

"You have no option but to answer, Maul."

"Don't I?" Maul teased.

"You can either give us the information now...and be spared." You spoke softly.

"What!?" You heard from Ahsoka behind, but you ignored her for now.

"Or...we can do this...the easy way. Well, easy for me. And that's where we fight...and you lose." You asserted with upmost confidence.

"Last time we did this (y/n)...you killed my brother." He lamented.

"Back on that day...it was you, and the two of us. Now...it is me...and the two of you."

"Are you prepared to lose your dyad (y/n)?" Maul teased, him standing up straight giving him easy access to his weapon.

"That won't happen. I'm sure of it." You spat back.

"...Fate...doesn't see it that way. I fought two Jedi before, and I assume you know how that concluded. But I suppose...we will just have to find out." He drawled with a forgiving tone, like he thought this would easily play into his hands. But you were sure of that not happening.

Maul whipped out his new double-bladed hilt and held it horizontal in front of him with an outstretched left hand. He pulled his right fist to his chest and swivelled his body to the side, into his infamous fighting stance, igniting the two crimson blades. You took your lightsaber from your belt and ignited the (colour) blade, holding it by your side. Next was the sound of two individual blades igniting from behind you. The hum got louder and louder till Ahsoka was by your side, both blue blades ignited and ready to face off Maul.

You stood next to Ahsoka and readied yourself, bringing your lightsaber to the side and holding it firmly with both hands, keeping the vertical blade steady. The next few moments were a tense silence, all you could hear was the rapid heartbeat in your chest and the humming of the lightsabers. The quiet was broken by the loud smashing of the throne rooms glass. Small embers flew in front of you, but nothing broke your gaze away from Maul. Now, it was time to fight. (A/N btw I'm always listening to Star Wars fight music while writing this and it makes it feel much more inclusive. Just a suggestion)

Maul let out an angry growl before leaping forward in a dash. He spun his two blades around his body to prevent any attacks and landed just in front of you. You quickly came away from your stance and swung for his torso which was blocked by one blade and his other blade found contact with both of Ahsoka's. He pulled back from the lock up and peeled off to the side closer to you. He couldn't take on the two of you front on. You knew he would try to single one of you out. You overwhelmed Maul with quick and precise attacks, aiming at all different parts of his person. Ahsoka quickly found herself behind Maul and joined in on harassing Maul with the quick attacks.