Chapter 28 | Nerves

Satine POV

"So, what is this important matter Satine?" Obi-wan asked while we both stared off the balcony and gazed upon the midnight sea.

"Obi, remember when we fell in love, when were on the run together?"

He hesitates "Yes I do, why are your bringing this up?" Obi-wan asked with a hint of worry.

"There's something I never told you, about what happened after you left." I stated simply.

Obi-wan's gaze now fell on my face as he searched my eyes for answers. "What didn't you tell me, Satine?"

I take a deep breath "The truth is, after I had returned to Mandalore and you had left, I gave birth...to our son." I managed to announce, my voice getting shakier and lower in volume.

"A son." Obi-wan uttered in disbelief.

"Yes Obi-wan, a son." I confirmed in a soothing voice.

"I only told him about our connection recently as well." I told him.

"Beg your pardon? He only just found out as well?" Obi-wan asked in irritation. "You're implying that you didn't even raise him." He raised his voice.

I slowly turn my head to meet his eye contact, and I can tell Obi is still desperately looking for answers. "Our son was raised on Mandalore by two very kind and loving foster parents." I reassure.

"Is he still on Mandalore?" Obi-wan quickly replies.

"No, he's not. Sadly his foster parents were both killed and...he was taken to a different world, a different life." I explained.

"Satine, where is my son, right now?" He asked in desperation, being as blunt and straight forward as possible.

"On the day his foster parents died, he was brought back to the Jedi temple and, he was trained to be a Jedi."

I stare deeply into Obi-wan's eyes which were swarming with thoughts and confusion, but quickly his eyes settled, and realization overcame him. "(y/n)?" He gasped

I slowly nod my head as I watch the father of my son finally have all of this knowledge. Slowly Obi-wan closes the gap between us as he rests his head on my shoulder. I instinctively wrap my arms around his back and keep him close to me.

"When did you tell (y/n)?" He muttered into my shoulder.

"After your funeral."

"How did he take it?"

"Not very well at first, he felt betrayed. But he quickly came to terms with it. However that was all thrown aside when he learnt you were alive." I explained

"Is (y/n) here?" Obi-wan asked.

"I'm afraid not. He was told to stay at the temple, so his emotions wouldn't interfere." I respond.

After a sweet and comfortable moment of silence, slightly swaying in the cool midnight air as we hold each other close, Obi-wan decides he would like to return home.

We take our time walking back to the republic gunship together, and in our short trip we don't share many words, just our presence.

I wish Obi-wan good luck for when he returns to the temple to speak with (y/n), and once the doors to the gunship close, I'm back on my shuttle heading back to Mandalore.

Ahsoka POV

"Something on my face?" Obi-wan asks in his pleasant tone which was ruined by his current voice.