Chapter 15 | Can We...Talk?

"(y/n)?"

Ahsoka's ocean blue eyes grew glossy and her lips began to quiver, waiting for your answer. "...Yeah...It's me." You respond slowly, taking your lightsaber from Ahsoka's palms and hanging it on your belt. The cockpit filled with silence as you both stared at each other. You got to stare into her eyes, but you could tell Ahsoka wanted to see yours. So, she slowly lifted her hands over your shoulders and grasped the bottom of your helmet.

She pulls it off slowly and looks into your eyes with...an emotion you couldn't quite read. She placed the helmet on the control panel beside her, but never breaking eye contact. A tear rolled its way down her cheek. 'Why is she crying?' Unexpectedly Ahsoka lunged at you hugging you with her hands around your back tightly. You heard her let go of her feelings and sob loudly into your shoulder. 'I broke up with her, why is she being like this?'

You gently pulled Ahsoka out of the tight embrace, but kept a hold of her by her shoulders. "Ahsoka, are you OK?" You questioned.

"I...I thought you were dead." Ahsoka breathed and panted, continuing to cry.

Instinctively your hands slid to her cheeks and gently rubbed away the tears. "Dead? Why would you think I'd be dead?" You asked beyond amazement.

"I wanted to go and talk to you, so I asked Master Plo where you were. He said that you went on a quick mission to Mandalore. I waited...and waited, but you didn't come back. I asked everybody if they knew anything but no one did...A-After weeks had passed I-I assumed the worst." She explained amongst her cries and sobs. You put away all the bad memories and pulled Ahsoka into a tight embrace, doing your best to comfort her.

Minutes began to pass, and Ahsoka's breathing returned to normal. She pulled her head away from your neck and reconnected eye contact "(y/n)?...Can we...talk?" She nervously questioned.

You gulped. "Yeah...of course." You gently reply. Ahsoka grabbed your hand and walked you both over to a small metal bench, built into the wall. Once you both sat down, Ahsoka looked into your eyes. You could instantly tell she was beyond nervous.

After her mouth opened, it took a couple seconds before she built up the nerves to let the words out. "...(y/n). I talked with Anakin the day you left and...he told me that you ended our relationship so I could achieve my dream of going back to my home world. I-Is that...true?"

You looked away in defeat. She wasn't supposed to find this out. "Yes...It's true."

Ahsoka's expression morphed into one of frustration and sadness. "Why didn't you tell me?" Ahsoka begged, with the tears returning back to her eyes.

"Because...I didn't want you to throw your life and dream away...just for me. I promised myself I won't stand in your way...so I told you that it was because of me." You explained truthfully, dodging eye contact. You hated seeing her cry.

You nervously continued. "Ahsoka, I don't want you to throw away your whole life!.. You deserve so-"

"(y/n) I don't care about my dream!" She shrieked, cutting you off.

"Being in this war...and being with you has made me realize that we shouldn't plan our lives for the future...We shouldn't put all of her hopes on stupid aspirations we make. We should take life as it goes. And (y/n)...I want to take it with you." Ahsoka expressed passionately.

You continued to look at the blank metal paneling on the other side of the ship as Ahsoka's words sunk in. And you quickly realized...'She couldn't be more right...But...she's still never said-'

"I love you." Ahsoka confessed, breaking off your thoughts. 'D-Did she really just say those three words?'

Your body took a few seconds to process such an unexpected event. You could feel Ahsoka's gaze, stuck to the side of your head, just waiting. But just saying 'I love you' isn't going to fix everything. "Why couldn't you say it...when I said it?" You challenged, finally reconnecting the eye contact. Both of you with tears in your eyes.