Chapter 6 | Successful Mission

As you and the group continue to walk towards the new rendezvous point, Master Piell calls everyone to stop while he contacts the council.

While Master Piell talks with Master Windu you see a laser fly right past your face. You look in the direction of where it came from, there were 3 of the commander droids, 1 of which had just fallen into the molten liquid that was dotted around the cave. You ignite your saber and move towards them deflecting every shot they fire. When close enough you jump into the air, spinning multiple times and finally slicing the heads from all of their necks.

"There was only a few, but there's no doubt there is more on the way." You inform the other Jedi who were all looking at you impressed, especially Ahsoka. Master Piell said that the council will indeed be extracting the team at the new rendezvous point. So with that you all continue out of the cave and towards a cliff which would lead you closer to the rendezvous point.

As you all peer of the cliff, judging the height of the drop, a small pattering and crunching sound came from behind you. You looked back in the direction you came to see crab droids scaling the walls, along side a large unit of battle droids.

"They're boxing us in." Ahsoka yelled

"Lock in your cables. Artoo we need your droids to hold off the enemy as long as possible." Anakin instructed his astromech.

"Good. Everybody, follow me." Anakin said in a commanding voice as he gestured down off the cliff, implying you are going to have to abseil down. You put your cable into the ground and quickly gestured for one of the captains to get on your back. He did so immediately.

You carefully jumped onto the cliff face as quick as you could to avoid the droids fire. Everyone was also able to do the same. Right now you just focused on getting to the ground, and making sure you protect the captain on your back.

You heard a scream from one of the clones. Your eyes were drawn away from focusing on your footing to see the falling clone. His cable must have been shot out of place. He started plummeting to the ground but before he made contact, with your 1 free hand you reached out and pulled him back as hard as you could. You couldn't stop his fall, but you definitely softened it. Which lead to him being fine as you saw him get up and start firing at the droids above you.

Not long after you reach the bottom of the cliff and detach your cable. You spot everyone jumping into a small hole in the ground. You follow suite and jump in the hole which turned out to be another cave. Obi-Wan leads everyone out of the cave to a small trail next to a large lake of that molten liquid.

"What if your Jedi friends are not there when we arrive?" Captain Tarkin asked, catching his breath.

"Keep moving and you won't have to worry about that, Tarkin." Master Piell snarled.

You walked next to Ahsoka and with your improving vision you barely saw here roll her eyes at Tarkin, once again.

"I agree." You chuckled to Ahsoka. She did her best not to laugh too loudly, covering her mouth with her hand. She made eye contact with you and shook her head side to side.

~

A faint howl could be heard from behind you. You have been walking unobstructed for a while now, but it seems it will not stay like that.

"Did you hear that?" Ahsoka asked anxiously.

"Yes...we're going to have company." Master Piell responded. After a further while of walking, you sense those creatures getting closer. Suddenly a very loud howl came bursting from behind you. They were very close.

"Those creatures are gaining on us." Stated a worried fives.

"They'll lead the droids right to us. We have to deal with them." You said.