Chapter 54

"Cato Neimoidia. There has been a Separatist invasion and we have to go help." Anakin explains.

"Alright Master, how long do you think it will take?"

"That's up to how quickly we can defeat the Separatists. But, probably quite a lengthy campaign." Anakin admits. Ahsoka lets out an upsetting sigh.

"Ok Master."

"I'll leave you two to be alone." Anakin says, darting his eyes between you and Ahsoka. Anakin closes the door. Ahsoka turns around and stumbles back to you, nearly falling over. 'What she did to save me really must be taking it's toll.' Eventually Ahsoka falls back onto her bed and immediately closes her eyes. You lay down close to her and caress her cheek.

"Ahsoka, you shouldn't go on a mission like this. You need to recover from...whatever is happening to you." You say with a chuckle escaping.

"I'm fine." Ahsoka mutters.

"No, you are not, you really aren't in the condition for a mission right now...I can go for you. I don't want you getting hurt." you consoled, you see a small smile glide it's way onto Ahsokas face.

"You'd really go for me?"

"Of course, that's not even a question. So...will you let me go for you?" you ask. Ahsoka gives you a small nod in silence. 'Maybe I'll get to go on a mission with Master Plo again. Recently it has felt like Obi-wan has been my Master.'

"Thank you. I'll talk with Anakin later. And so you also admit that you aren't feeling alright?"

"Yeah...I...I don't know what it is but...I just feel so tired and...weak." Ahsoka admits. You pull the blanket over the two of you and hold Ahsoka close to you.

"Just get some rest Soka. If you just stay in bed, drink plenty of water and eat enough. Hopefully you'll be better soon." You explain in a calm voice. Ahsoka opens her eyes and you instantly stare into those gorgeous ocean blues.

"I love it when you take care of me." Ahsoka cooed with the cutest giggle. You smiled and kept looking into her eyes.

"Well I'm glad you love it. Because anytime that something like this happens, I'll always be here for you." you proclaimed with a kiss to her forehead.

"I love you so much (y/n)."

"I love you too Soka." Ahsoka closed her eyes once again and rested against your chest. You stayed silent and let her get some rest. But your quiet moment together was rudely interrupted by your comm link. Ahsoka groaned and opened her eyes and looked up to you.

"Just lay back down, get some rest, Ok?" you whispered. Ahsoka nodded and laid back down while you got up and answered your call.

"General Kryze." you said as quietly as possible.

"Hello (y/n)...We have to speak with Master Windu about our...diplomatic mission." your father admits over the comm with a slight nervous tone. You silently curse under your breath.

"How much trouble you think we're in?" you ask.

"I think you will be Ok. But I'm on the council, and they gave me a second chance...And now-."

"Don't say things like that. Everything will be fine. Are we meeting in the Briefing room?"

"No, council chambers." your father informs.

"Alright, I'll be up in a bit."

"See you then (y/n)." You end the call and go around the bed to kneel next to Ahsoka. Her eyes were closed but her shuffling and quiet whimpering told you she was awake.